PDA

View Full Version : Flexispy

btor72
08-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Is anyone familiar with this software? I heard this can be downloaded on to your phone then logs all calls and text messages. Can a program like this be sent via a sms message and download itself? Does blackberry offer a service or program to protect the phone from this type of program?

authentic8
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, is it possible that this does what it says it does????

Catch Cheating Spouses with FlexiSPY - Spy Phone, Location Tracking, Remote Listening for Mobile / Cell Phones (http://www.flexispy.com/)

John Clark
09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Guilty conscience? ;-)

authentic8
09-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Guilty conscience? ;-)

I KNEW that would be the first response!

Seriously, I have another post on the 8100 forum about my cell phone receiving strange voicemails from my home phone I told a buddy about it and he emailed me the link to Flexispy about an hour ago. I had never heard of such a thing.

akosnitzky
09-14-2007, 01:35 PM
It does not show it working on the 8800, but appears to be compatible with 4.2x devices.

btor72
09-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Guilty conscience? ;-)

LOL, no. The reason I do ask though is because I suspect my girlfriends ex-husband maybe responsible for some strange emails I've received on my phone. He has done something like this with her home computer before so that is why I'm a little supsicious that he might be responsible for those emails. It's pretty creepy what that software enables that person to do. I just want to protect myself from that happening.

btor72
09-15-2007, 05:56 AM
I KNEW that would be the first response!

Seriously, I have another post on the 8100 forum about my cell phone receiving strange voicemails from my home phone I told a buddy about it and he emailed me the link to Flexispy about an hour ago. I had never heard of such a thing.

I recently saw an episode of The Today show where the topic was how safe is our cell phones. According to the show phone viruses are becoming very prevalent and are often spread through text messages and emails. But from I understand most of the viruses out there mainly attack windows based software. I'm not sure of the proper operating system name? Also they showed how someone could hack on to the bluetooth headset and listen to your conversation in the car. Very creepy.

greggebhardt
09-15-2007, 07:21 AM
I do not see this getting installed on a RIM device with out the owners knowledge. Virus infested handheld do NOT include RIM devices.

rambo47
09-15-2007, 08:14 AM
RIM devices don't allow anything to be installed without the owner clicking an "OK" dialog box. Now, if this guy got his hands on your Blackberry for a few minutes and did an OTA install.....