PDA

View Full Version : newbie question about email settings

bob_az
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello - I have had a BB before but others have always helped set me up. I just got a new one - an 8703e from Verizon - and I am doing it on my own this time. I have a question. My work email is accessed through a pop3 server (I use netscape on my work computer to access it). I want to set up my 8703e to get my work email via pop as well. I know how to get it set up on my phone, but I have a question about the 'leave message on server option'. What exactly is this? I want to be able to access the messages from both my BB and my computer, and since it's pop3, I know it doesn't sync. Which option do I select for my phone and computer so I can access them from both locations? Please advise! Thanks for the assistance.

penguin3107
08-13-2007, 02:08 PM
There's nothing you need to set on the BlackBerry.
By default, it (BIS) will leave your messages on the POP server so your other computer can access them as well.

I don't know how to set up Netscape for POP e-mail, but I would assume there is a setting for leaving messages on the server. You want to enable that setting, so that it does leave messages on the server.

bob_az
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks so much! I will make sure that Netscape is set to keep the messages on the server.

SuperRobotCanti
08-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Another noob here :oops: is there any way you can have it so that the original message won't show up when you reply to a message? i'm tired of having to go to menu and pick "delete original message"