PDA

View Full Version : Please help: The Desktop Manager does not work

xmzhao
05-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Hello,

I am working on one computer which has Desktop Manager problem: when I try to open the Desktop Manager, it only open for a few seconds and then it will be automatically closed by itself.

I run regsvr32 atl.dll, then removed and reinstalled Desktop Manager according to the instruction on the Blackberry website, still same problem.

Could anyone offer me some suggestion and help?

Thank you.

Mac

xmzhao
05-25-2005, 08:37 PM
Hello,

One more thing I noticed that when I try to open the Desktop Manager, the BbDevMgr.exe stay in Task Manager for a few seconds and then disappeared by itself. I think that is why the Desktop Manager was closed by itself.

I would appreciate any suggestion or help.

Mac

Soapm
05-25-2005, 08:48 PM
Are you on BES? Mines strted doing this after moving to BES. I get around it by connecting the BB, opening desktop manager and let it do it's thing. When it closes I just relaunch it and it stays up.

xmzhao
05-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks for your help.

We are using BES. The Desktop was working before, however, it suddernly stoped working in one day. I connected another Blackberry with the PC ( the user has the original Blackberry and he is travelling ), but the Desktop Manager still does not work. So I am preparing to reimage the hard drive.

frankco
05-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Hi xmzhao,

Did you do a clean uninstall?

You have to do all of the steps if you don't want problems to carry over to a new install.

I'd also clean the temp folders in the user's profile, the administrator's profile and the Window's temp folder. Reboot and give it a try.

frankco

Clean unistall

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/8021/7919/8125/How_To_-_Perform_a_clean_uninstall_of_BlackBerry_Desktop_Software.html?nodeid=160545

authentication_key
05-26-2005, 05:49 PM
You can also try repairing the installation from add and remove programs in windows

xmzhao
05-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Hello,

Thank you very much for all your information and help.

I did the clean uninstall and reinstall according to the instruction from Blackberry which referenced in the frankco's message. I also run Repair option from the installation. However, still same problem. The BbDevMgr.exe only stay in Task Manager for a few seconds and then disappeared by itself. Desktop Manager was closed by itself at the mean time.

Mac

mcrendog
06-21-2005, 04:09 PM
I am pulling my hair out with Desktop Manager. I am running version 4.0.0.33 that came with my CD. I also installed a Cingular 7290 update. I have also tried "Service Pack 1" (BlackBerry_Desktop_Software_v4.0_SP1EN.exe) and it did not work either.

All I want to do is download my calendar from Outlook 2k3. I can get the Blackberry to connect but when I click "Sync Now" it starts to work but then a windows error comes up and the whole thing crashes.

I've been trying to fix this problem for days...any suggestions?