PDA

View Full Version : a question re: email and external email

ero2
05-26-2005, 01:26 AM
so I have set up my blackberry and have been using it fine, but ran across something today I could not find the answer to. I have it set to get my email from my .mac account, and when my BB recieves a message I open it, and because it is important I don't delete it, and because it has a link wich I can't open on my BB, I say okay I will just open my .mac email when I get home and check the message there. BUT the message is not on my .mac email. I have the option unchecked to leave the message on the server. I think this may be my problem, BUT I also want my BB to delete the email when I delete it,so...have I confused everyone or does this make sense and can it be done?

NJBlackBerry
05-26-2005, 01:32 AM
You've confused me :-(

ero2
05-26-2005, 01:39 AM
I figured I would lose everyone, let me try this again

recieve email on BB
log on to web email account from home computer
email I recieved on BB is not in my inbox for web based email account

is this because I have the leave message on server box unchecked?

I wanted, when I delete a message on my BB for it to be deleted from my web based email account, which is what it started doing when I unchecked leave message on server, but now if I need to check my email from home, because a link in an email I recieved on my BB won't work on the BB, the email is no longer on the web based email client. Hopefully this is slightly clearer, sorry :oops:

discobay
05-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Is it possible that unchecking the box resulted in your email being deleted as soon as it was forwarded to your BB and not because you deleted in on the BB?

ero2
05-26-2005, 02:16 AM
yeah that is what I was thinking too. I figured out a solution though. Leave it unchecked so when I delete it is really gone, and if a link is unsupported on my BB, log in to my VZW BB site and the email that I saved will still be there.