PDA

View Full Version : Sprint 8830 - Email Reconcile

arnoldcp
08-17-2007, 02:44 PM
For starters - this is my first post and I'm a BB newbie - so take it easy on me.

I just got my first BB - an 8830 with Sprint service. for the most part I really like it, but I'm having a hard time with my email reconcile and my IT department doesn't seem to be able to help me. I've search these forums for a couple of days, and tried several things...still no luck.

My basic issue is this - my emails on the phone don't match my emails on my desktop. When I move or delete stuff out of my inbox (or my spam bayes moves spam) on outlook they still show on my BB. Ideally I would like them to wirelessly reconcile, but I would even be happy if the reconciled after I plugged in.

I use my outlook way more then I use my BB - so I usually just want my BB to reflect what is in outlook.

PLEASE HELP otherwise I might get rid of this blackberry and go back to my Windows Mobile Phone!

Here are my specific settings -

We have BES server (no idea what version), outlook 2003, desktop manager 4.2.2.12, phone software 4.2.123

Desktop Software -

* "redirect incoming messges to your device"
* under folder redirection - I have them all selected

On the phone -

Delete on - "mailbox and handheld"
Wireless Reconcile - on
On Conflicts - "mailbox wins"

jsconyers
08-17-2007, 02:47 PM
DON'T GO TO A WM DEVICE!!! Check on the BES and verify they have wireless reconciliation set to bidirectional

JRSCCivic98
08-17-2007, 03:56 PM
LOL, if you have a BES server then you should be using Desktop Manger in "Redirector" mode. Silly wabbit!

arnoldcp
08-17-2007, 04:14 PM
LOL, if you have a BES server then you should be using Desktop Manger in "Redirector" mode. Silly wabbit!

I think I am. Under the email settings of Desktop Manager, under the general tab, I have the box checked that says "Redirect incoming messages to your device". Is that what you mean?