PDA

View Full Version : all most there!!!

davebcor
08-19-2007, 12:55 PM
OK i found the bb.net set up for my wifes emails. now i want to put a filter on 1 of her accounts. theres not a spam or junk filter, looks like i have to make 1
not sure how. :?

aiharkness
08-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I saw your earlier post but I'm not sure I understand. Are you forwarding email to your blackberry.net address? Sounds like you are on BIS, right? And you are now looking at the internet email setup screen on your carrier's website? If so, you are correct, there is no spam filter per se on BIS. As you see, you can define criteria and action to be taken based on that criteria.

I can't point you to specific answer, but there have been several threads on using free email services (google, yahoo) to avoid spam. Maybe someone will assist on that point.

davebcor
08-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I saw your earlier post but I'm not sure I understand. Are you forwarding email to your blackberry.net address? Sounds like you are on BIS, right? And you are now looking at the internet email setup screen on your carrier's website? If so, you are correct, there is no spam filter per se on BIS. As you see, you can define criteria and action to be taken based on that criteria.

I can't point you to specific answer, but there have been several threads on using free email services (google, yahoo) to avoid spam. Maybe someone will assist on that point.

yes we are on verizon she has 3 diff accounts all 3 sent to the bb. 1 account on a different server thats the 1 that sends the junk through.but on my comp it puts it into a junk folder.