PDA

View Full Version : password protecting names

Alans
05-26-2005, 03:54 PM
Is there any way to password protect individual entries in the address book, etc?

penguin3107
05-26-2005, 04:16 PM
No.

Alans
05-27-2005, 07:36 AM
Well, all I can say is that it is pretty dumb that RIM hasn't included that in its software. I am currently using version 4.0 - their latest and while it has many improvements, it still hasn't got many of the excellent components that have been available in the Palm software.
C'mon RIM get with it!!

PhilMax
05-27-2005, 08:10 AM
Curious as to why password protecting individual entries is needed? You can obviously password protect all data on the unit.

penguin3107
05-27-2005, 08:25 AM
Well, all I can say is that it is pretty dumb that RIM hasn't included that in its software. I am currently using version 4.0 - their latest and while it has many improvements, it still hasn't got many of the excellent components that have been available in the Palm software.
C'mon RIM get with it!!

Dump your Blackberry and go back to a Palm handheld.
I don't think you'd be hurting anyones feelings.

Alans
05-28-2005, 03:56 PM
Curious as to why password protecting individual entries is needed? You can obviously password protect all data on the unit.

Because, in the past I have kept key numbers (like chequing accounts info, certain useful passwords, etc) on my Palm and now, since I only use the BlackBerry, I would like to store them on this device.

witmarc
05-28-2005, 04:53 PM
there is software out there that is a password vault. I know the 7520 comes with that software installed. Just an idea!

jibi
05-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Password Keeper. Its included on 3.8 for these handhelds, and 4.0 for all handhelds. Its meant for passwords, but I'm sure you could store checking account information and whatnot there, as well.

Alans
05-30-2005, 08:12 AM
While not perfect the suggestion to use Password keeper is just fine - it works for what I need - to have somewhere on my BB that I can store protected information.

Thanks for the various suggestions.

shanff
05-30-2005, 09:27 AM
I think rephrasing the question would have been much better than getting peeved that RIM didn't do something a certain way.

Rather than asking if there was a way to password protect single address book entries, shouldn't you have asked if there was a way to store passwords/sensitive information? You would have received a positive answer much quicker. Next time, include a little information about what you're trying to accomplish along with your question so that it's a little easier to try to help.

username9876
06-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Is there a way to install Password Keeper OTA?