PDA

View Full Version : Help Setting up Email Filters

wpriester
08-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys,
I have the 8703e BB and Sprint is my carrier. I've set up my filter (on the bb website [sprint.blackberry.net]) so that I only received important emails from certain clients, but its NOT working. I'm getting every email no matter where its from.
Here is what I did:
"FROM" field - panasonic.com; sony.com; rca.com; ibm.com; -> Forward messages to my Device

My objective would be to receive emails from any of the sample domains listed above and not use a specific email address to accomplish this
Am I using the correct format ??? Do I need a wildcard character to make this work (ie. *@<hidden>; *@<hidden>; *@<hidden> )?

Thanks in advance guys

jeremyckitching
08-20-2007, 10:10 AM
In My T-Mobile BIS set there is another setting that says "When no filters apply" and there is a choice for forwarding the message to the device, or not forwarding. I think that will need to be set to Do Not Forward so that other mail won't come.

I am not sure if your main filter is set correctly or not (it looks to be), but I believe the steps above will at least prevent the other mail from coming to the BlackBerry device.

wpriester
08-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the reply... for the option "When No Filters Apply", I have "Do not forward messages to device" selected, but I still get all mails. I've resent my service books but it doesn't help.

takeshi
08-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Do you have more than one email account associated with BIS? Each account has its own set of filters.

sahellis
08-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Go into you messages and click the menu button and go to options > Email Filters.
There is also the setting in there to forward if no filters apply.
Make sure it says no in there also.