PDA

View Full Version : What did I get myself into??????

mocaman
05-26-2005, 08:22 PM
HI i am new here and this is my first post. I have poked around the forum forl like 2 whole days. THis forum is very helpful. I have learned a lot. That is why I am asking this question. I mean i buy something that I did not need. I purchased the 6750. Before this phone i had samsung a670 and the LG vx6000. I mean I am only 20 years old. I thought this phone was gonna be like the treo or a sidekick type phone. I did kno it was so business oriented. I mean did i make the right purchase.

p.s. I bought the phone off ebay. I kno it was a bad thing to do. But the ppl i bought it from have a return policy and plus they have 99.9% feedback.

thnx in advance.

witmarc
05-26-2005, 09:08 PM
I am 20 also, and I love my blackberry! Its depends what you are looking for, I do lots of email so its great. However I could see why this wouldnt be the best thing for every 20 year old. I have a 7520 and it does web and aim, so i wouldnt say its all business. Hope you figure out what is best for you!

finch
05-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Not sure what you were expecting, starting off with a BB 6750 sure won't help your cause either. If your looking for cool games, loads of apps and chatting with your peeps then the BB just might not be a good fit. If your looking for a reliable rock solid secure OS with excellent email a decent phone and good PIM then hands down you can't go wrong with a BB.

mocaman
05-26-2005, 09:34 PM
see from what I have read the pim is only for bb user's. I mean i use aim and yahoo alot. But i do not think that u can use it on the 6750. I will admit that I did not do my research before buying it. But i guess that is what i get. Also can the 6750 get custom ringtones and games.

any info on what the 6750 can do will be very helpful. I mean from what i have read it can not do much.

thnx in advance.

Mr Pink57
05-27-2005, 12:23 AM
Wirelessly posted (:laughs:: LGE-VX7000/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.1.174 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I am 21 and i do tons of email. I originally had an sk 2. Which was a playful device. But thats all it really was considering a could never stay connected to the server. So i went with the 7520 which would cover my voice and data needs. I would definately recommend something with a color screen at least. There is a site lurking around here by a member named chris5h. Basically you go to the site from your wap browser and download them from there. Its pretty easy. I dont remember the site so you are gonna need to search it. pink

JDeane
05-27-2005, 02:39 AM
I'm addicted to e-mail, the BlackBerry does e-mail syncing better than any mobile device out there. While the browser is not like the Treo's Blazer, it's not all that bad. Though, I warn you, stay away from Cingular!

But, it sounds like you should go the route of a Treo. The Palm OS has many more games that you are ever likely to see on the BB.

ero2
05-27-2005, 03:22 AM
I had a treo and find the BB ridculously better in sound quality, user intereface (the thumbwheel is AWESOME), build quality, and OS stability. I am not sure personally whether I use email and AIM enough to justify the 40$ a month extra, BUT thus far I am very happy with my purchase. I would say I do anywhere from 2-30 emails a day depending on the day, what does everyone else do? My V710 would sync to my MAC, but the interface for the calendar and having to enter contacts 5 times for 5 numbers or email addresses is quite a pain, so...As someone older (23, LOL) I think you probably made the right decision :-)

coreyg510
05-27-2005, 04:08 AM
What they said!

mocaman
05-27-2005, 10:40 AM
the reason that i did not get one with a color screen is because I am low on cash. I belive I wanted the color one. But the price was a lil too steep for me.

but that thnx for all the info. you have been a big help.

Mark Rejhon
05-27-2005, 11:10 AM
the reason that i did not get one with a color screen is because I am low on cash. I belive I wanted the color one. But the price was a lil too steep for me.

but that thnx for all the info. you have been a big help.Owning a BlackBerry is generally an expensive endeavour.

However, if you want cheap unlimited BlackBerry ownership, I recommend purchasing a used T-Mobile 7230 or unlocked 7280. Both have color screens and I've seen them go for about $120 if you get a used one and don't mind a few scratches. And then signing up for T-Mobile unlimited plan ($29.99 per month).

If you want NEW, and can go with a carrier contract, you can get a good price on a consumer-friendly BlackBerry, the T-Mobile 7100 or 7290 are the way to go for consumers who wants an easy consumer experience out of the box. They include chat software and often includes a fancier theme, and includes a photo viewer (no camera, but an included photo slideshow viewer)