PDA

View Full Version : How to choose an AT&T BB Data Plan

tsunekawa
08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not a BB User yet, but would like to upgrade my current cell phone to a BB Pearl. My primary interests are accessing various email accounts (hotmail, gmail, work), surfing the net, text messaging, use the address book and calendar and send pictures from the phone. So I went to my account online and began to go through the upgrade process. I chose a voice plan no problem. But when I got to the data plans, there are like 20 different types. Tethering, BIS, BB, Smart Phone, PDA, Enterprise...it's a lot for a newbie. :cry: Can anyone guide me on choosing a data plan? I'd be grateful.

jsconyers
08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
You want an unlimited data plan, This will include BIS access to recieve your email accounts! It will prevent you from haveing a huge bill also.

JSanders
08-24-2007, 11:07 AM
+1 agree.

Unlimited BlackBerry Data Plan for BIS.

If you plan to tether your laptop to the BlackBerry as a modem, you will want tethering as well. You can add it later if you see you need it.

cenner
08-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Also in agreement, get the BIS Unlimited Data Plan.

tsunekawa
08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Okay, this is straight from the AT&T Site. It doesn't mention anything about text or video messages. Should I be concerned about that?

BlackBerry Personal BIS Plan Add On
BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) is a service hosted by Research in Motion (RIM) that automatically pushes(forwards) e-mail from Internet Service Provider (ISP) accounts and corporate email accounts to a BlackBerry handheld device. Subscribers are able to Access existing Internet e-mail (POP3,IMAP4,AOL, MSN,Hotmail,and Yahoo), send,receive,forward, and reply e-mail messages from multiple accounts, manage web based inbox via one-way direct synching of read/unread e-mail,deletes,and sent items, and set up a maximum of 10 internate email accounts for BlackBerry access. Note:Does not support connectivity to BES.

jsconyers
08-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Unlimited data plans do not include SMS or text messages. You would have to add that to your account seperatly

hdawg
08-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Okay, this is straight from the AT&T Site. It doesn't mention anything about text or video messages. Should I be concerned about that?

Try to get people to "text" you at your BIS email address; then you get "free" incoming messages.