PDA

View Full Version : Texting Spellchecking on 8830

TBOLTRAM
08-24-2007, 10:52 AM
I found out this morning that with the latest revision of OS on the VZW 8830 spellchecking now works on SMS. It did not work with the original OS and I turned nothing on via options.

No mo abrivation or ms speld werds wen txtn

someonexh
08-24-2007, 12:17 PM
I found out this morning that with the latest revision of OS on the VZW 8830 spellchecking now works on SMS. It did not work with the original OS and I turned nothing on via options.

No mo abrivation or ms speld werds wen txtn

Mine didn't spell check my SMS i just sent out a test message :(

Psychor
08-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Mine didn't spell check my SMS i just sent out a test message :(

Ditto. I wouldn't mind having the option of enabling/disabling SMS spell check.

surfgrom04
08-24-2007, 01:02 PM
I have the latest Verizon OS and I do not have the abilty to spell check SMS (not in SMS options, not in spell check options, it has not be enabeled automatically...). If you figure how you got your phone to do sms spell check, please report back.

TBOLTRAM
08-24-2007, 01:04 PM
When you are finished composing the SMS message click on menu key (button left of trackball) and then select "Check Spelling" from the option menu. This will do the spell checking. What surprised me this morning was that I did not go to the options menu and the spell check was done automatically.

I have spell checking turned on for email messages.

zerog46
08-24-2007, 01:04 PM
The only way mine works is if you hit the menu key and manually check it.

akosnitzky
08-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I think spell check may not be suitbale because people write in abbreviated manner because of the limit on number of characters, which I think most of you know.

Psychor
08-24-2007, 05:20 PM
The only way mine works is if you hit the menu key and manually check it.

Ah, so that's where it is! I actually prefer it this way for texting as I do abbreviate quite a bit. ;-)

someonexh
08-25-2007, 10:01 AM
ahh, do you have all your messages combined? As in all your emails and SMS in the same folder? Perhaps because mine / others are seperated that they don't get the auto spell check like emails do?

Shawn S
08-25-2007, 03:58 PM
How can you send pictures via SMS Text? Is the only way to send a picture on from your phone via email?