PDA

View Full Version : Customize Convenience Key?

Declarent
05-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Is there any way to customize the 'convenience' key?

I have zero need to get to the browser with a hotkey. If I don't have time to menu to it, I don't have time to browse.

However, since the Blackberry has no voice dial feature (and why not? Every other modern phone does, and without all the power of the BB to work with), I must use my provider's server based voice dialing.

To use it, I have to hit *8. It'd be very convenienent to map *8 to the center button.

Heck, I'd even buy an app to remap this completely useless key taking up very valuable face space.

texasag90
05-27-2005, 10:12 PM
I think you could map *8 to the speed dial (eight maybe)?

yumif
07-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Can some one tell me how do I Customize the Convenience Key?Thanks Ben

UberDave
07-18-2005, 09:35 PM
I'd like to know also, I keep hitting the damn "convenience" key while I'm typing and have to back out of the browser. It's pretty annoying, hopefully someone will come up with a way to disable this key.

mixersoft
07-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I'd like to map the convenience key to 'messages' or 'address book' so I can skip that dang scroll wheel half the time.

Any ideas?

m.

d_fisher
07-03-2006, 11:06 PM
I'd like to map the convenience key to 'messages' or 'address book' so I can skip that dang scroll wheel half the time.

Any ideas?

m.If you upgrade the handheld OS to 4.1 you have the ability to change the convience key functions. Go to Options > Screen/Keyboard. Scroll to the bottom and you will see the option. This is not an option if your using handheld OS 4.0 or below.