PDA

View Full Version : 7250 questions (inbox and ringtones)

markz
05-28-2005, 12:17 PM
1st of all, I HAVE searched for these answers in the database and read quite a few posts and have not found any definitive answers...

2nd, I'm using a 7250 VZW (that overall is terrific) on a Microsoft Exchange server

Ringtones...
When I download .mid files, all i get is a speeded up, tinny sounding ringtone. I know you can't use ployphonic tones on the 7250. I have tried numerous midi files and can't get any of them to work. I know how to save them, etc. It worked on the 7100g (which i know handled polyphonic tones). Am i missing something ???

Inbox...I'm getting all my email nut when I'm in messages and click on "view folders", all i see are phone folders. When I had the 7100g, there was a folder with my name that expanded to include inbox, large messages, saved message. Any ideas ???

A workaround would be a shortcut that just shows my inbox !!!

Hoping someone can help...

jscully
05-28-2005, 12:30 PM
I'll attempt to help.
Ringtones: try this site first...
http://www.phonemodz.com/chris5h/bb.wml on your Blackberry in your html browser. They should work High Quality for you, as they are monophonic midi tones.
Folders: if you save a message on your Blackberry, the saved messages can get accessed through a shortcut on the home screen.
You can also save your own customized searches of messages to create your own shortcut. Ie. All messages with "guy" in them, viewed when hitting alt-g.
Hope that helps.