PDA

View Full Version : 8830 ringtone volume

christine2925
08-27-2007, 05:06 AM
I just downloaded some ringers off of tuneusin.com and when I downloaded them the volume was all the way up on my phone and they sounded loud but when my phone actually rings, it is very soft. I have my profiles set to loud and in my profiles it says it is on "high". Is there anyway to make it louder?

bubbaman
08-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Use either audacity or wavepad to crank up the volume on the mp3's that you have.

christine2925
08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
i dont know how to do that

jeremyckitching
08-27-2007, 09:27 AM
i dont know how to do that

Then now is as good a time as any to learn. You can download Audacity here: Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/)

As here are some tutorials: Audacity: Tutorials (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/tutorials)

christine2925
08-27-2007, 09:35 AM
thank u

Maverick42
08-30-2007, 10:31 PM
I found way to make your own ringtones WAAAY louder. It takes a few extra steps, but REALLY makes them louder.

First of all what you need is another person with BB msger or you might be able to add yourself as a contact. Then send a "voice note" to the contact, when you record the message you can either say something or record a song/tune. When you send it, the other end receives the file and can "save" to their phone. Whatever the tune is, it will play with both speakers which makes the tone VERY loud. You then go into profiles and set it as your phonetune!!

What I did was record BB PRO 1 from my own BB on a friends BB, then sent it to myself through bb msger, saved the tune, and now my favorite standard tone is about 3x louder!! I hope this helps.

arazu
08-30-2007, 11:24 PM
Interesting. I'll have to try it.

srgolub
09-03-2007, 09:49 AM
I found way to make your own ringtones WAAAY louder. It takes a few extra steps, but REALLY makes them louder.

First of all what you need is another person with BB msger or you might be able to add yourself as a contact. Then send a "voice note" to the contact, when you record the message you can either say something or record a song/tune. When you send it, the other end receives the file and can "save" to their phone. Whatever the tune is, it will play with both speakers which makes the tone VERY loud. You then go into profiles and set it as your phonetune!!

What I did was record BB PRO 1 from my own BB on a friends BB, then sent it to myself through bb msger, saved the tune, and now my favorite standard tone is about 3x louder!! I hope this helps.

Freakin' brilliant - great find! I was able to add myself as a contact in messenger and simply record a ringtone from my wife's phone, send it to myself and save it. I can finally hear my phone ring.

I'm going to post this over in Howard Forums where lots have been searching for a fix to this issue. Will give full credit to Maverick42