PDA

View Full Version : Not able to get to my email server sight...

kamik333
08-28-2007, 01:29 AM
I got this bb so that I may check my email when away from my office. Don't want forward my emails to my bb but rather logon by going to mail.xxxx.net. Problem is, I can not reach their server from my bb. I was getting an error message that I can not quote because I can no longer get that error but instead I reach some search engine for travel... Any ideas? The email server said that they have no ideas or remedy...

Aroc
08-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Is this a web-based mail provider? Do you know if they offer POP, or IMAP, or OWA (Outlook Web Access) mail protocols? If your mail provider does provide these protocols, then AT&T's BIS service (blackberry internet service) can poll for these at 15 minute intervals, then push them to your device.

That would be the best method.

If the site also offers wap access (like wap.provider.com) that would work too.

jeremyckitching
08-28-2007, 06:58 AM
There are some sites that you might not be able to access from the BlackBerry, depending on how the site is set up. Like Aroc said, it would work better if they had a mobile site.

kamik333
08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I believe it is a POP site but know that I can not access from a WAP device. If I am understanding, I may not be able to access all sites with the bb browser (I'm not using MediaNet browser)? So far, that email site was the only one I've come across that I could not access using the browser. I get so much spams that my bb will be buzzing relentlessly if I use the push feature so I usually access my email server, weedout the spams then open my Outlook....would a Windows based pda be any different?

Aroc
08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Gmail might solve both problems (particularly the spam problem) for you. But nothing is guaranteed.