PDA

View Full Version : All I want to do is add pictures to this Blackberry 7105T?

pilferd
08-28-2007, 07:58 AM
Hi ...

i recently bought this unlocked phone off of eBay for my lady as a replacement for her Jurassic Nokia phone ... shes not a business professional so she really doesnt need all that the phone has to offer she jus loves techy things ... well she loves the phone but she's whining about not having any pictures on it and im trying to figure out how to put a few on for her ...

the phone did not come w/a Desktop Manager Program so i downloaded one and installed ... when i connected the phone upon startup of the prog. it seems the PC recognised it and the gave me some USB pin or something ... but when i go to Media Manger it shows my Printers Removable SD Drive ... I turn the printer off and the drive disappears and still no phone - restart PC, Program and Phone (leaving the printer off) stiill program recognises phone and USB Port but still nothing in Media Manger ...

now ive spent about 2 hours browsing up and down the internet trying to figure out what gives and keep seeing something called a "Data Plan" hopefully i dont have to pay extra money to someone just so i can put a couple pictures of my kids on this phone do I?

any1 have any tips or insight?
thanks for your time ...

JSanders
08-28-2007, 08:06 AM
pilferd, welcome to the Forums.

A BlackBerry Data Plan is not there "just" to put pictures on your BlackBerry, it does much more as in internet, email, data, etc.

To get pictures on your 7105t, however, you will need to either either email them to yourself (requiring a Data Plan) or download them via the browser on the BlackBerry from an internet site where you have uploaded them (requiring, again, the Data Plan).

Remember, you bought a BlackBerry, not a phone. BlackBerrys are email business devices first, phones second. They were designed to have a BlackBerry Data Plan subscription from your carrier much as you were designed to operate with a heart. You can survive without one, just with VERY limited ability and not very well.

pilferd
08-28-2007, 08:21 AM
pilferd, welcome to the Forums.

A BlackBerry Data Plan is not there "just" to put pictures on your BlackBerry, it does much more as in internet, email, data, etc.

To get pictures on your 7105t, however, you will need to either either email them to yourself (requiring a Data Plan) or download them via the browser on the BlackBerry from an internet site where you have uploaded them (requiring, again, the Data Plan).

Remember, you bought a BlackBerry, not a phone. BlackBerrys are email business devices first, phones second. They were designed to have a BlackBerry Data Plan subscription from your carrier much as you were designed to operate with a heart. You can survive without one, just with VERY limited ability and not very well.

lol ... nice analogy!

and thanks for the quick reply!

I myself have a Motorola E680i and thats a cool phone ... but i spent a day w/her blackberry and i see why they are so popular (even w/o a Data Plan) ... very easy to browse, comfortable and great OS ...

thanks alot Jsanders, im going to check AT&T and see what the rates are for these Data plans ...

JSanders
08-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Sure. You should find it is $24.99/monthly for the Unlimited BB Data Plan. or $29.99 without voice service, I do believe.