PDA

View Full Version : How to Tell Blackberry OS version?

urbanmojo
08-29-2007, 04:44 AM
Hi:

I'm a newbie and getting confused with terms "Dekstop Manager" "Desktop Software", "Handheld OS", "Device Manager" and "Device Software"

I have a 7100T and want to know what version of the phone's OS I have. In the phone's "about" screen, it shows "Wireless Handheld" 4.0.2.49, which is the same as the "Device Software" version shown in "Desktop Manager" on my PC. However, in the "Desktop Manager" is shows me that my "Blackberry Device Manager" is version 4.2.2.10.

So:
1. Which OS do I have on my phone?
2. Can I/how do I upgrade the OS to 4.2 if I only have 4.0. I ask specifically because some applications only work with 4.2 or 4.1 and higher.

Thanks!

Dawg
08-29-2007, 05:23 AM
Hi:

I'm a newbie and getting confused with terms "Dekstop Manager" "Desktop Software", "Handheld OS", "Device Manager" and "Device Software"

I have a 7100T and want to know what version of the phone's OS I have. In the phone's "about" screen, it shows "Wireless Handheld" 4.0.2.49 this is the OS, which is the same as the "Device Software" version shown in "Desktop Manager" on my PC. However, in the "Desktop Manager" is shows me that my "Blackberry Device Manager" is version 4.2.2.10.

So:
1. Which OS do I have on my phone?
2. Can I/how do I upgrade the OS to 4.2 if I only have 4.0. I ask specifically because some applications only work with 4.2 or 4.1 and higher.

Thanks!
BlackBerry Operating System Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads)

follow the link and down load the newest software very simple your software is way out dated.

urbanmojo
08-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the reply.

Problem is that my phone was originally with T-Mobile in the US. I am now using it with Bharti Airtel in India. If I choose the link you gave, you have to choose a provider to get the software. If I choose the Bharti link, there is only an option for software for 7100g software, not 7100T. If I go to T-Mobile, they want me to enter my phone number, which I no longer have with them.

Is the 7100g software the same at 7100T? If not, how do I get 7100T?

Thanks!

JSanders
08-29-2007, 05:41 AM
Yes, any 7100 OS will work.