PDA

View Full Version : Tons of RIM Network Emails?

olsenkayla
08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
So in the past two days, one of my three email accounts on my BB has gotten a ton of emails from RIM? A ton meaning about 50+ per day.
It says:
This message is used to carry data between the Blackberry handheld and the associated server. Please do not delete, move, or respond to this message- it will be processed by the server.

Any idea what these are for?

scraggles
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
so, no resolution to this problem? I'm having the same problem as well

penguin3107
12-20-2007, 11:13 AM
so, no resolution to this problem? I'm having the same problem as well

They probably found the resolution to their problem months ago by searching this forum. ;-)

This question gets asked and answered on an almost daily basis.
BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community - Search Results (http://www.blackberryforums.com/search.php?searchid=4349155)

JSanders
12-20-2007, 11:26 AM
scraggles, you get a freebie!
I keep getting odd emails from RIM - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/I_keep_getting_odd_emails_from_RIM)

Welcome to the BBForums.

SheepDog
12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Is that one of the most asked questions here? It sure seems so!

static
12-27-2007, 11:34 AM
scraggles, you get a freebie!
I keep getting odd emails from RIM - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/I_keep_getting_odd_emails_from_RIM)

Welcome to the BBForums.

Hey J, i am new here myself, i want to thank you for posting in this post and providing an answer to the question that the original poster posted. I too have been having the same issue. Now I have a resolution thanks to you and your efforts. However i require your help a step further. I noticed in the documentation under step two, it stated to delete [Desktop]. Does that mean delete every service book next to the word desktop, or am i searching for a specific entry titled that? thous far i have

Desktop [browser config,sync,mds,ippp,cmime,bbim,alp,cical]

So i am wondering do i delete all of those, and will they effect any regular courses of action considering i use this BB for work and cannot afford loss of real email that i need to be recieving as well as our enterprise chat. If you could get back to me on this it would be greatly appriciated. Thank you for your time.

JSanders
12-27-2007, 11:50 AM
static, welcome to the BBForums.

Is your BB setup on a corporate server with BES or personal on BIS?

static
12-27-2007, 11:58 AM
static, welcome to the BBForums.

Is your BB setup on a corporate server with BES or personal on BIS?

hmm, not rightly sure, how do i check? and thank you for the warm welcome. One thing i can say is we use enterprise messaging(don't know if that helps) through lotus domino.

JSanders
12-27-2007, 12:03 PM
With all the [Desktop] entries in the Service Books, you are likely on a BES. Does your company have a BES Admin?

Where did you get the BB from?

static
12-27-2007, 12:05 PM
With all the [Desktop] entries in the Service Books, you are likely on a BES. Does your company have a BES Admin?

Where did you get the BB from?

hmm i can ask who the BES admin is. I think i already know who he is. As for whom i recieved it from, well i recieved the BB from the company owner of the company i work for, the cell carrier is verizon (stupid verizon still has the damn GPS locked lol)

I can contact the BES admin at any moment. So just let me know.

rjansen3
12-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Just in case you didnt read any of the above....

Teeheehee

JSanders
12-27-2007, 12:24 PM
jansen, lol, just in case you didn't read all of static's post, he said, "under step two" which would lead me to believe... he did.

static
12-27-2007, 12:28 PM
jansen, lol, just in case you didn't read all of static's post, he said, "under step two" which would lead me to believe... he did.

Yes, Indeed. However an offical annoucement so that we can keep on topic of the discussion, Yes i read the entire post.

As for JSanders, again i thank you for your help and look forward to hearing from you before taking any further steps.

JSanders
12-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I thought you were contacting your BES guys?

I believe you are on BES at this point. You likely have installed Desktop Manager to your PC at home or work , and in the installation you clicked on "redirector". Any of that?

This is a bit beyond me, as I am know very little about BES. A user famliar with BES will chime in here, I am sure.

static
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I thought you were contacting your BES guys?

I believe you are on BES at this point. You likely have installed Desktop Manager to your PC at home or work , and in the installation you clicked on "redirector". Any of that?

This is a bit beyond me, as I am know very little about BES. A user famliar with BES will chime in here, I am sure.

hehe my guy has redirected me to these forums in the first place. I was awaiting your input before contacting him (in other words i don't know what to say to this guy lol) was just mainly looking to find out how it would effect my blackberry if i actually follow step 2 and delete everything that has to do with desktop out of my service books. I cannot lose my email, however i have been informed if all goes bad, My guy will re load everything. Just checking with you one last time before i make a move brother, i await your input.

JSanders
12-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Hence my question, "have you installed Desktop Manager to your PC at home or work , and in the installation you clicked on "redirector". Any of that?"

static
12-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Hence my question, "have you installed Desktop Manager to your PC at home or work , and in the installation you clicked on "redirector". Any of that?"

hehe oops, Yes, i installed both, then uninstalled both. I assume i installed the redirector because during the install of the desktop manager software it asks you which setup you'd liek to use, Enterprise or internet browsing. I chose enterprise which includes the redirector. I then chose lotus domino server, naturally since that the one we are using. However, as stated both have been completly uninstalled.

JSanders
12-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Delete all the [desktop] entries in Service Books. Pull the battery and reboot the BB.

You will be fine.

static
12-27-2007, 12:56 PM
Delete all the [desktop] entries in Service Books. Pull the battery and reboot the BB.

You will be fine.

rgr, doing that now. will let you know in a few

static
12-27-2007, 01:01 PM
yup, just lost everything. contacting my guy now. LoL lession learned i guess.

static
12-27-2007, 01:02 PM
yup, just lost everything. contacting my guy now. LoL lession learned i guess.

Anyone whom has a BES and uses their blackberry for work and reciving work related emails and calander updates, DO NOT PERFORM THIS PERCEDURE.

O well, thanx JSanders for all the help bud, atleast we know what happens now lol, and maybe just maybe, i'll stop recieving those blasted emails.

JSanders
12-27-2007, 01:05 PM
He'll reactivate your BB. You'll be fine.

blakhaddad
12-27-2007, 01:09 PM
if you are using blackberry redirector reboot that computer.
if using BES reboot main server...
it means that its taking too long for your blackberry to receive emails
then try rebooting your blackberry you should be fine.
good luck!

static
12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
darn, after all this, i still recieved an email. Grrr.