PDA

View Full Version : Media Manager Problems

Links80
08-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi ladies and gentlemen,

I am having an issue with my media manager on the desktop. Basically I cant get it to open up. When I double click on the icon, it will perform a sync with the BB and then nothing. I have deleted the program, re-downloaded it from BB and then reinstalled it with no improvement. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks
Links

leach2348
10-03-2007, 04:32 AM
Yeah, same issue. Help would be great! When I double-click the "Media Manager" icon, the ROXIO FOR BLACKBERRY screen comes up, like the program is going to open, then it freezes up completely! Have to go into PROCESSES in the Windows Task Manager and end the ROXIO processes in order to get the pop-up screen to go away. The actual program never does respond.

Blackberrywalter8830
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
I have tried more times than I care to count to get the mofo"n Media Manager loaded. Honestly I have installed and reinstalled, repaired, uninstalled. Nothing works. The farthest I have gotten is to get the Icon to show up but then it does nothing when I click it. Now I am getting the licensing error BS. I am at my wits end I have invested 4+ hours trying to get the media manger to work. Somebody help please.

akosnitzky
10-25-2007, 06:23 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Do you have other Roxio products in your PC?
If so, remove them.
Does the rest of the DM work?
Trying opening manager without the SD card in your device?
I assume you have started up machine with hookup already in place and without.

Blackberrywalter8830
10-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I've tried everything under the sun.

this is over the span of 3 days and 8+ hours
: installed desktop manager
*all applications show up except Media Manager
*add/remove programs, repair (takes 45 min then says current install in progress then locks up)
* reboot computer, add/remove programs modify, select MM, install.
countdown times says 16 sec from completing install (sits idle for 20 min) then get error 1402 somthing about reg key.
*add/remove programs, remove entire DM software, start from scratch (reload takes 30-40 min) again error 1402 shows up. I eject the disc, computer locks up, I reboot again. This time the MM icon shows up in the DM, but when I connect the BB add select MM nothing happens. (tried this 5 or 6 times)
* Read through Blackberryforums.com:smile: remove Roxio Easy Cd creator. add/remove programs, repair takes another 30 min blah blah blah. Again 1402 error. Now the MM icon is gone from the DM.
* Search Microsoft and Blackberry sites for Error 1402. MS gives directions how to "fix" the problem. (Keep in mind I am far from computer savvy) Follow instructions given. add/remove programs repair, no change.
* Reboot, remove DM software, follow Microsoft :fix" again, reboot.
* add/remove programs, install DM. (another 45 min goes by) says complete , open DM no MM
* add/remove programs select modify, tic toc tic toc I go to bed wake up, check the computer.........................................anyone want to take a guess. Yup thats right nothing. Nothing has changed in 7 hours the Mother%$#@<hidden> locked up again and no MM.
I am at wits end. :x

Blackberrywalter8830
10-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Bump......anybody have a clue about fixing this?

KOR
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Bump......anybody have a clue about fixing this?

Are you loading from the CD? If so, see if you can download DM install package from the Blackberry web site and use that instead. I was having a similar problem and that worked for me. I don't recall whether you'll need a service account to download or not...

ebgb
11-13-2007, 08:55 AM
I am experiencing the same problem - my computer guy says the files are likely corrupt in the registry so no matter how many times we uninstall/repair/reinstall it will not work. Windows shares files with other programs so there is no way to clear them completely and reinstall. Anyone else with a similar answer? Does this sound likely?

runningraz
11-14-2007, 09:53 PM
I too am having the same problems. When I click on Media Manager through DM Media Manager opens then I get an Window error message (MediaManager9 Module has encountered a problem and needs to close.) and Media Manager locks up. If I try opening Media Manager through the Start menu I get a Runtime Error. Please Help! I would really like to use Media Manager.

yepitsme
11-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I am having a similar problem when upgrading Desktop Manager from the current version on my PC (4.2.0.10) which has Media Manager to a more current version. After performing the upgrade to either 4.2 SP2 or 4.3, the Desktop Manager no longer shows the Media Manager. I do a system restore and go back to version 4.2.0.10 to get Media Manager back.

quack1011
12-01-2007, 10:33 AM
I too am having the same problems. When I click on Media Manager through DM Media Manager opens then I get an Window error message (MediaManager9 Module has encountered a problem and needs to close.) and Media Manager locks up. If I try opening Media Manager through the Start menu I get a Runtime Error. Please Help! I would really like to use Media Manager.

i am having the same issue with 8130 Pearl, i download from the blackberry site ver. 4.3 which is the same verison that comes with the phone.

OzzieDog
12-07-2007, 12:49 AM
I had the same problem. I was using the full version of Roxio Media 9. When I installed DM it asked if I wanted to remove current version of Media 9, I said yes. Big mistake. When all was said and done, I tried to open DM, Windows gave me error message. I had to uninstall DM and everything for BlackBerry from desktop. Also anything for Roxio, I also did "RegEdit" (be very careful with this).
For whatever reason known to Roxio and RIM there is a conflict with retail verion and oem for BlackBerry. I think both companies are from Canada
Went to BlackBerry web site and downloaded current version of DM for my 8820. Now it works with no problems. Good Luck.

mrjerome
12-07-2007, 09:26 AM
The answer to this issue is this:
1) uninstall Desktop Manager,
2) go to the Program Files on your root directory and delete Research In Motion & Roxio directories.
3) In the hidden Program Data directory folder delete Roxio.
4) Delete the Research In Motion directory on your root directory.
5) Reboot computer
6) Delete temp files
7) Empty Recycle Bin
8) Install Desktop 4.3 and all will work well.

I had this same issue with Desktop 4.2.2

gman52
04-19-2008, 03:40 AM
I tried the cleanup and it still didn't work(n)

irockash
06-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Mine would open, I'd be able to click around (like going to the phone's media) and thats where it would freeze (after asking me for the password). This is also Vista, and the rest of DM works fine.

I'm going to try downloading it when I get back to my main comp, but I did use my buddy's 8110 CD and i have a 8310. Any ideas?

Edit: Just realized this was the 8800 forum, I had searched for the issue. I was going to delete but I figure its a problem with Roxio and not device specific.

cookes713
06-09-2008, 09:44 AM
i gave up on media manager and use the mass storage option. Yes, does give that that polished look and feel to it, but it works and works consistantly. My suggestion, bag media manager and go with mass media storage

irockash
06-09-2008, 08:06 PM
i gave up on media manager and use the mass storage option. Yes, does give that that polished look and feel to it, but it works and works consistantly. My suggestion, bag media manager and go with mass media storage

Yeah, I think I'd prefer it that way.

superlife
11-25-2008, 08:29 PM
if you have the issues with media manager component then

remove roxio completely, see links,

Vista kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000127CR

XP kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

then do a repair on DTM from Add or Remove programs.

IF YOUR ISSUE IS DTM and you have installed a newer version or downgraded to a lower version. then you should have done a complete clean uninstall of DTM from your PC, if not, then you will have issues all the time. Here is a KB that will take you to the solution. copy and paste please in the knowledge database of BlackBerry.. sorry I cannot post links until I have 10 posts!!!
KB02206

I hope this helps, it helps me everytime!!!

thanks and good luck!!