PDA

View Full Version : Curious.... 8700g v4.2 OS NTWK Band Preference

JayMc8700G
09-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Hey Guys I'm having a bit of difficult with my BB since I've installed the 4.2 OS on 8700g using Digicel... it navigates fine and i love it, but the difficulty is in sending calls and msges.... all showing failed.... however i must mention that this OS works seamlessly with my Cable and Wireless Sim Cards, I'm able to send call & messages.

I'm Curious to know is the new OS has a preference in network band because Digicel uses 900MHz and Cable and Wireless uses 850MHz.... need some help here guy holla back

estabulla
09-03-2007, 09:10 PM
I have had the same issue when roaming in jamaica with my AT&T sim card.
Data works fine, but no voice. i have to manually switch to B-mobile (C&W) for both. The other interesting issue is it automatically "grabs" onto Digicel when I land in Kingston. No matter what, it does not pick up C&W.

I dont believe it is a 4.2 specific issue since I had the same issue when i was on 4.1. Someone in Digicel told me it was because the carrier cross-database registration (for voice roaming) was not working correctly. Curious to know if anyone else has had the same issue when roaming using AT&T.