PDA

View Full Version : Basic Blackberry Help

panhead490
05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
I thought I was informed...and now I don't know what to think.

I'm with Cingular Blue (AT&T). I just bought a BB7230 brand new off of eBay. Got a good deal since AT&T doesn't offer new plans, etc. I put my SIM chip in and I've been loving it. I also use a Powerbook to sync things via PocketMac.

I started to go down the road of getting email/web access on it and I've heard so many conflicting views I don't know what to believe anymore.

I added the mMode package to my phone for $24.99 a month. I can't find a browser on my 7230 so I'm thinking about purchasing one.

Question #1: Do I need to purchase one or does Cingular Blue have one I can download?

Question #1: Does the basic mMode plan allow full HTML browsing?

Question #3: What do I need to do to get my personal email pushed to my Blackberry? I thought with the mMode package I was set. I called Cingular's tech support and they told me "no". When I added the mMode package the Cingular person was like "yep, this is what you need."

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

~panhead490

NJBlackBerry
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
In order to get your e-mail, you will need a BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account. I am going to guess that your BlackBerry shows "gprs" - not "GPRS" - in the upper right hand corner. mMode, IIRC, does nothing to get you your BlackBerry e-mail.

Once you get on the BlackBerry network, the browser will appear.

jbairdjr
05-31-2005, 04:41 PM
I know this has been asked before, but.....
All you need is the unlimitted data plan for Blackbery.
If you do not have a browser pushed to your handheld, call customer service, and have them add blackberry internet service.
Once you add the Blackberry service, cancel the mMode service. You get the mMode browser (wap only) as well