PDA

View Full Version : 7100T Refund from TMO for Rebooting Devices

JimmySwinger
05-31-2005, 02:41 PM
Please note before signing: Blackberry has released an update that seems to address this problem! (fingers crossed)

Please try this before signing, it may correct the problem.

Get the upgrade here (http://www.tmobile.com/bbupgrade/)

As of 7.5.5, I have been reboot free for TWO DAYS! Amazing. Will keep you posted.

===============================
Update: I have posted a petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/TMO_7100T_Refund/) to address this issue. If I obtain more than fifty signatures, I will present it to Tmobile and see what we can make happen.

As of 6.29.5, 9am, we have collected a total of 42 signatures. Not bad! Eight more and I will start to present my case to T-Mobile.

Thanks to all who have signed the petition.

T.Mobile. The 7100T. Unwarranted five minute long reboots, daily.

The phone apparently was pushed to market with a grave defect.

You can read all about it on this thread. (http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4864)

Now, my quick rant, followed by a proposed course of action.

I have lost countless hours of time using this product. I provide technical support services for customers about the Chicagoland area. When I'm 1/2 hour into a tech call, then the phone reboots and I have to call back and start from the beginning with a new tech, it really frustrates me, as well as my client. I bill by the hour and I can't bill my client for time that I lost due to owning a defective phone! So, I lose TIME and MONEY. This defect is absolutely not acceptable.

I have also lost about ten hours spending time on the phone with T.Mobile (got a reboot this AM while talking to them, about 25 minutes into the call). Their tech support holds firm that they don't hear about many problems with the phone. Once passed on to a supervisor, they stand firm about replacing the phone being the only option.

I have replaced the phone twice. Same problems each time, evident within hours of replacement.

Granted, these people are doing what they are told to do, but as a customer, I feel like I have been sold a "lemon" and that the retailer (tmob) has absolutely no concern for their customer woes.

I have appealed to Tmob twice now to refund me the price of the phone (after rebate, of course), and allow me to return this defective model, and in exchange I will purchase another cellular product from them and be done with this issue. The response I received on both occasions was a firm "NO". One supervisor suggested I EBAY the phone and the other suggested that I start pursuing RIM to obtain a refund. I started calling about this defect within the first week of starting service with tmob, less than three months ago.

I'm in the customer service industry. Rest assured, I am VERY patient and considerate when speaking with tmobile reps. No freaking out, just plainly stating my case and expressing simple dissatisfaction when it is not properly addressed.

It appears that I can proceed as follows:
1) Continue to receive replacement models, likely at the rate of one a month. But to what avail? None but my frustration.

2) Start a campaign against T.Mobile to get them to provide refunds for this product for every customer who has experienced this problem, at the request of the customer.

I don't think that this is disagreeable or unwarranted...

To this effect, I have slapped together a rough draft of what I will shortly propose to Tmobile, and likely make public on petitiononline.com as well as other venues.

T Mobile is profiting from the sale of a defective product, the RIM 7100T, and is not taking any steps to resolve the defect with the product to the satisfaction of the customer.

The RIM 7100T has exhibited distinct failures regarding it's ability to operate reliably as a cellular telephone. The failures are described as such:

1) In the middle of a telephone call, the RIM 7100T will disconnect from the network, the call will end and the screen will change to a white background with an hour glass. The device remains in this state for approximately five minutes, rendering itself useless for the duration of this process.

2) On occasion, the issue described in point 1 will occur, and it will be necessary to remove the battery and reinsert the battery in order for the phone to reconnect to the Tmobile network.

3) There is a shorter version of the issue described in point 1, in which the RIM 7100T disconnects during a call, the background goes to white, and the phone comes back to the main screen within a minute. Again, the 7100T device is rendered useless for the duration of this process.

The defects presented above are apparent across the country, affecting hundreds of T Mobile users.

The actions that T Mobile has taken at this point to resolve the issue are not apparent. To this date, there has not been a public statement from T Mobile regarding the issues outlined above, and no statement concerning the intended resolution.

The RIM 7100T device is presented to the marketplace as a cellphone, among other things. The level of service the marketplace demands of their cellular equipment is that, provided service is available in the area in which the calls are being made, as well as power being available from the battery installed in the device, the device should not reboot or render itself useless for any period of time without warrant or previous notification from the service provider.

T Mobile should provide their customers a path of recourse to establish the level of service they expected when they purchased the RIM 7100T.

For this reason, it is being requested of T Mobile that they provide a credit to the account of the subscriber, at the request of the subscriber, the total sum of the cost of the phone, minus any rebates, so that the subscriber may then use that credit to purchase a comparable product from T Mobile.

I figure that if they won't listen to me, maybe they will listen to a few hundred of us?

I can't see myself shelling out an ADDITIONAL $349 for another phone from TMO while the original one they sold me is defective.

If I buy a product from Best Buy and it is defective and they replace it, and the replacement is defective, you had better believe that they would replace the device with a different model or credit your account.

I'd be happy to hear your comments.

pkodyssey
05-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Where do I sign

JimmySwinger
05-31-2005, 03:59 PM
Where do I sign

I think this is a one shot deal, and don't want to waste anybody's time with a half baked petition, so I want to take a couple of days to put together a solid statement that accurately illustrates the issue at hand and then make it available to the online community.

I will post a link to the petition on this thread when it's fully cooked.

I hate online petitions, but I don't know a better route!

TXBBUSER
05-31-2005, 10:13 PM
I'll sign it. I love this device, other than this issue (did it to me again today while on a call), so I hope this prompts action, but, if it won't be fixed, I'll dump it. It's not worth it. I have noticed that it often coincides with getting an email, but not always.

barjohn
05-31-2005, 10:25 PM
I have experienced the same problem and one I consider even worse. The unit disconnects from the network and you are unaware that it is disconnected until you have reason to make a call or send an email. In the meantime you are not getting your calls or emails and you are totaly unaware. When you look at the unit it will either say searching for the network or worse just an X. I have also experienced the situation where it shows it to be connected but you cannot call out until you reboot. Finally, audio and Bluetooth are horible on any version other than 3.8. Sign me up!

jibi
05-31-2005, 10:31 PM
I hate online petitions, but I don't know a better route!

A class action lawsuit would be the best avenue, assuming the abundance of people are actually experiencing the issue at the same regularity you are complaining about. I personally do not have the issue myself, with one-off reboots here and there every few months (perhaps 2-3 times since last October). Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but generally speaking, if you have a strong case, a lawyer (you being in Chicago, I don't see it being an issue finding someone) should be able to file a class action suit against T-Mobile and/or RIM and you'd pay little to nothing to have it done and you'd likely receiving either what you want or less (although the feeling of being 'right' may be worth more than the $199 you are wanting in refund).

Anyhow, that would be a last resort option, in my opinion. Take that route after you get the petition signatures and after you present those signatures to T-Mobile and receive a unsatisfactory reply.

Or you may want to take the route of contacting The Dog at Maximum PC. If nothing else, the letters and responses are quite humorous to say the least. :-)

barjohn
05-31-2005, 11:16 PM
As an attorney myself, I don't recommend the class action law suit approach for several reasons:
1) It takes a long time and a lot of money to file a case and get it established as a class action suit. (It must be certified for class action and this requires many things). Not just any attorney can file a class action law suit.
2) Plaintiffs generally wind up with very little in the way of settlement (30 minutes of free calls, etc.) and the attorneys walk away with all the cash money.
3) I think companies should have an opportunity to provide an alternate solution/resolution to the problem. The other approaches you have suggested will cost T-mobile substantially in lost future business and they may well see the wisdom of satisfying the (small??) vocal minority represented by those of us on these forums.
4) This petition should be addressed higher up the food chain in T-Mobile than a customer service supervisor that has very limited authority.
5) The feeling of being right hardly ever compensates you for the time required to properly support a class action law suit. The law firm will require the named plaintiffs to provide substantial technical help in defining the injury. If the device works 98% of the time is your injury 2% of the cost of the item (your loss)? Is the injury merely inconvenience? How much is the inconvenience worth? The burden of proving that you have suffered a loss and the value of the loss falls on you. If it failed 100% of the time it would be an easier case. Can you show and prove consequential damages, i.e. you lost a $50K contract because the phone failed you during a crucial negotiation when you had no other means of communications available? Does their warranty and service contract exclude consequential damages (probably does)?

JimmySwinger
05-31-2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks for that, jibi... Agreed, a lawsuit would be a last resort... But who knows, after it's all said and done, I might wish that I had started with it!

Ideally, what I'd like to see is

A) A public response from either T Mobile or RIM regarding this issue, simply indicating their acknowledgment of the issue on either of their websites.
B) T Mobile support representatives properly educated about the issue so that subscribers are not put through the ringer when they call about this known issue for a second or third time (time is precious!).
C) The option to return my defective device for a credit so I can switch to a different model 'berry.

I DID get a reply from RIM this afternoon regarding the issue:

They recommended removing the IM client, which I had already done. I responded that this was the case, and am waiting to hear back.

Additionally, I requested the following information:

On another note, why is this information not passed down to T Mobile tech support? It would greatly reduce the amount of time they involve their customers in futile conversation or troubleshooting regarding the product. Both T Mobile and their customers could be spared a lot of grief if this were so.

Each time that I call T Mobile regarding this issue, I now have to "bully" my way through two levels of support that would have me jumping through hoops to arrive at the same conclusion that we arrived at with the previous replacement phone! Of course, I'm polite about it but I have to be firm otherwise these guys would have me working overtime trying to reseat the battery to "fix the problem"...

EDIT: I see your point, John. I think that as long as I keep my request reasonable and catered to address the woes of the community experiencing the problem, I have a much better chance of seeing results.

I would much rather apply a fix tomorrow to correct the problem and drop off this post like a dead fly (after sharing the fix, of course!) than have to invest another minute pursuing this agenda.

heavyio
06-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Freaking awesome.... I'll sign that thing. Such a great device but cruddy service from RIM.... I hope their stock goes down if we all make this known. Send the thing to cell phone magizines and other news sources. If it hits the big press we should get results...

This reminds me of the IBM hard drive mess... I had 15 of those drives.... Lost a lot of business then...

heavy

mrrippey
06-01-2005, 01:00 AM
i am game, it only happened to me a few times and only one day but nonetheless this should not be happening and someone should fix it, if anything get you another 7100t

canderson
06-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Just let me know where to sign, and I'll do what I can.

texasag90
06-01-2005, 11:57 AM
Jummy;

Just curious....

I know that the point is that TMOB/RIM needs to fix their product, but, in the mean time, have you tried handset SW 3.8? I am assuming that you are getting reboots on 4.0. I have not had one single reboot in a month after downgrading to 3.8.

LunkHead
06-01-2005, 02:34 PM
I agree.... 3.8 solved ALL of my problems. I got a referbished 7100 from T-Mo to replace a defective 7100 and it came with 4.0 installed. Rolled it back to 3.8 and everything is now a-ok...

nlk10010
06-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Just to throw in my $.02-no problems since downgrading to 3.8 other than low earpiece volume.

Justice is simply to let as many people as possible know about the POTENTIAL of rebooting if they go with T-Mo and a 7100t. AFAIK Cingular 7100gs don't experience this problem so it's simply T-Mo figuring they'd lose less money by screwing a relatively small number of customers. Make it more painful for them and they'll do something for you.

=NLK=

JimmySwinger
06-01-2005, 03:28 PM
Jummy;

Just curious....

I know that the point is that TMOB/RIM needs to fix their product, but, in the mean time, have you tried handset SW 3.8? I am assuming that you are getting reboots on 4.0. I have not had one single reboot in a month after downgrading to 3.8.

Interesting, that... I started out with 3.8, and was experiencing the reboots! Once 4.0 came out, I upgraded and continued to experience the problem.

I have NOT since downgraded to 3.8... I will give it a shot and see what happens?

But before that happens, I am experiencing my FIRST day of no reboots in over a month... For no apparent reason. At least, I'm halfway through my first day and usually the phone would have rebooted a couple of times already. So, I am going to wait for the rest of the day to see if it continues to behave. No changes until then!

That would be funny if my problem was resolved, I guess this thread would have to be carried along by someone else, huh?! :oops:

jibi
06-01-2005, 11:29 PM
I'd say to push this through T-Mobile, despite having the hardships you experience (don't worry, we're a fairly large enterprise customer and I never receive calls back when they say they are going to call back; I am lucky to have a NAM that I can contact directly and she usually lights a fire under someone's ass for us). T-Mobile signs off for the OS after they receive it from RIM and go through a beta testing process. They have yet to update past .198 (I think that was it), whereas Cingular and Rogers are up to .219 (maybe more). I do not think .219 fixed issues for anyone, but its still worth noting that T-Mobile are being dreadfully slow or reluctant to release any updates on their site for these models.

JimmySwinger
06-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Okay... Uncanny timing for this, but I can now say that yesterday was my first day without the reboot in over a month!

Why couldn't this have happened four days ago?!

If I can get three days of no reboots out of the phone, I'm going to slap a post up here and leave this agenda alone for the time being.

I sure would feel silly having stirred up this post and not pursuing it, but if the device suddenly starts working, well, you know.... I kinda CAN'T pursue it!

sallyforth
06-02-2005, 10:52 AM
Maybe we swapped phone gods...mine decided to do its little rebooting trick for the first time in weeks yesterday. Unfortunately, it happened when there was a fire in the building directly across the street from mine, and I was trying to call friends to make sure they were okay. Very handy to be standing on the street trying to calm down anxious neighbors while simultaneously trying to pull my battery and replace it so that the phone would reconnect to the network. Grrrr.

harsaphes
06-03-2005, 05:20 AM
twice yesterday...your just lucky Jimmy, it will happen again.

68watford
06-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Point me in the right direction to sign, this issue is sending me over the edge.

TXBBUSER
06-03-2005, 09:38 AM
I had a couple days with no reboots, even during long calls, and thought that the problem had been solved. Then I had three in one day! Keep up the pressure with the petition.

bossj52
06-03-2005, 10:03 AM
I got our account rep to give us a credit for 500 bucks.... we're getting our 7290's via TMO on monday...... I love the 7100, but I can no longer continue to deal with this issue. Anyone looking for a couple of 7100's lemme know.

biotracker
06-03-2005, 01:01 PM
I Am In!!!!!!!!!!

spblat
06-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Okay... Uncanny timing for this, but I can now say that yesterday was my first day without the reboot in over a month!

Why couldn't this have happened four days ago?!

If I can get three days of no reboots out of the phone, I'm going to slap a post up here and leave this agenda alone for the time being.

I sure would feel silly having stirred up this post and not pursuing it, but if the device suddenly starts working, well, you know.... I kinda CAN'T pursue it!
That would certainly be a desirable outcome. If the problem goes away completely you can claim full credit for making T-Mo fix it!

4merppcpe
06-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Great, I just ordered a 7100t! Not that I really wanted one, but my Pocket PC Phone had been replaced 5 times under T-Mo's out of warranty replacement program and I can't seem to get a good refurbished one! (I've dropped and stepped on my PPC twice) T-Mo has been VERY good to me, customer service wise, so I went with the 7100T for $49.99 and 1 yr added to my (mobile) prison sentence. T-Mo is evaluating other PPC PE's to bring in, the HP being discontinued due to many, many problems, and the PPC PE first edition out of manufacture now. So, I thought I'd try a blackberry while I'm waiting for the next PPC PE to come along. Bad decision?

I hope I don't have these problems :(

crackers
06-06-2005, 10:03 AM
i'll sign it.

JimmySwinger
06-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Well, it's officially been five days without a reboot! Okay, I did have one minor quickie quickie reboot yesterday but it lasted ten seconds and I'm pretending it didn't happen! I'm posting this so that everyone is aware that I'm officially putting my "Make TMO Do What's Right" campaign on hold until further reboots indicate otherwise.

I certainly encourage those of you who are interested to pursue this matter further - petitionsonline.com and tmo customer service address should be sufficient to get the message some attention with tmo. I intended to get a few hundred signatures if possible and then start making a ruckus with tmo and online news, hardware review sites, etc.

Sorry for ducking out like this, but this really is the ideal scenario!! (meaning, the phone works for now!!)

spblat
06-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Me too. My 4.0.0.198 replacement is 4 days without trouble. It might be time to start loading it up with software and goodies again!

TXBBUSER
06-07-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm almost through my second day after downgrading to 3.8 with no reboots. I even made it through two 20+ minute calls! I am starting to think this is too good to be true, though. Are you guys saying you are not having the reboot issue with 4.0?

ckent
06-07-2005, 07:34 PM
This was the response our T-Mobile rep forwarded us from RIM:

"Dear Valued T-Mobile / BlackBerry Customer,

It has been brought to my attention that you are experiencing issues with device reboots while performing voice calls on your 7110t or 7290 BlackBerry device on the T-Mobile US wireless network. I am writing you this message to inform you that Research In Motion is aware of the issue that you are experiencing and that through our strong partnership with T-Mobile US we are working diligently to provide you with a resolution.
Both Research In Motion and T-Mobile have had, and continue to have engineers in the field capturing information from devices when they exhibit the reboot issue. The good news is that we have been successful in capturing data during a device reboot. In many cases with an elusive problem such as this one the most difficult part of the resolution process is reproducing the issue and capturing the necessary logs. The Research In Motion development team is now working with the data gathered to produce the necessary changes that will prevent this behaviour. As soon as a resolution becomes available Research In Motion in cooperation with T-Mobile will provided timelines as to when you will receive updated device code.

I can ensure you that this issue is receiving the highest level of attention at both Research In Motion and T-Mobile US and your patience and dedication to BlackBerry on the T-Mobile US network is greatly appreciated."

spblat
06-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Good. Let's hope that perfectly lovely pile of words translates into a lasting solution, eh?

barjohn
06-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I am glad to see that RIM is aware of the problem and that they acknowledge that the problem exists. This is a positive step in the right direction. They need to address the other issues that have been identified on this forum as well. We on this formum can be the best friends a manufacturer or provider has if they would just recognize it and treat us as such. We want to help and we want to promote their devices. They just need to learn to work with us.

nancytice
06-08-2005, 09:00 AM
how do you rollback to 3.8? the only software I see on the site now is 4.0?
I have been having this issue a lot, though I admit less since I swapped out the battery.

thanks

JimmySwinger
06-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Three times this week. I'm back in action. I will try to have the petition online by tomorrow evening.

(I was just pretending it wasn't really happening!)

JimmySwinger
06-10-2005, 11:23 AM
Okay...

I have posted a petition (http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/TMO_7100T_Refund/) to address this issue. If I obtain more than fifty signatures, I will present it to Tmobile and see what we can make happen.

I am going to post this petition on other bberry boards as well.

I will keep you all posted as to the number of signatures we have every week.

Thanks for your support!

Mitch

wangta01
06-10-2005, 12:11 PM
signed, thank you mitch. Hopefully something happens.

9balla4life
06-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Wait a sec, it seems like only the 7100T from TMO is having this issue. I have the 7100G with Cingular and have not encountered anything like this. On the otherhand, I believe that TM launched this phone too quickly and did not do the proper testings. A few months ago Cingular had the 7100G avaiable for purchase online but after 2 days it was removed from the online site and I didn't understand why but I think I have an idea now. I think this issue is caused by TM who pushed this product out on the market before it's time.
... I believe this because I have not had ANY problems at all with my device and it has a good amount of woftware installed on it... just a suggestion, did your phones turn off when you first purchased the phone? or did it happen after downloading some 3rd party software?

It's rather hard for me to accept because the 7100 series phones are virtually the same as far as the overall appearance, software and features. It just doesn't make much sense...

Didn't TM have some kind of "trial" period on their phones? Like 30 days or something? If so what made you guys keep the device if it's been problematic since day one?

spblat
06-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Didn't TM have some kind of "trial" period on their phones? Like 30 days or something? If so what made you guys keep the device if it's been problematic since day one?I came to own a BlackBerry after being a SideKick user. I prefer my phones to be unreliable and maddening. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? :-P

harsaphes
06-11-2005, 05:10 AM
was talking on the phone yesterday and then realized it had dropped the connection...again!...i am so tired of this. I need a working phone!

mrrippey
06-11-2005, 08:01 AM
dropped during a conferenca call, pretty important one two. then it takes 5 minutes to come back. not cute at all.

9balla4life
06-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I came to own a BlackBerry after being a SideKick user. I prefer my phones to be unreliable and maddening. Isn't that how it's supposed to be? :-P

you are absolutely right, you shouldn't have to deal with a phone that doesn't work 50% of the time... the thing that amazes me is why you guys didn't return the phone if there were that many issues. what made you guys think it was going to get better?

with all due respect, i'm sure this did not happen overnight. IMO if this was going on and people ignored it then still kept the device then you were asking for it.... i am sure every carrier has a return/ satisfaction guarentee policy, am i right?

JimmySwinger
06-11-2005, 08:09 PM
you are absolutely right, you shouldn't have to deal with a phone that doesn't work 50% of the time... the thing that amazes me is why you guys didn't return the phone if there were that many issues. what made you guys think it was going to get better?

I experienced the problem within the first week, sure. I work with a Windows operating system so I am used to bugs and I live with them for a bit. If a bug sticks around too long that I can't fix, I resolve it by reformatting and reinstalling the operating system or replacing the suspect hardware.

With this phone, I approached the problems as such, I guess. TMO reassured me that the problem is going to be resolved with a replacement phone, which I received later. Then another. That, mixed with my extremely packed schedule, eventually ended up being three months later.

Regardless of why people didn't return it, as there are plenty of valid reasons, I am more interested in why TMO won't acknowledge the defect with the phone and provide their customers with an alternate means of resolution rather than replacing the phone repeatedly with another defective model.

I don't think that is too much to ask.

9balla4life
06-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Sir,

I understand your frustration and you have my sympathies. I am not in any way trying to dismiss your feelings and opinions. IMHO, I believe that you have been on the short end of the stick as well as others who have purchased their device through TMO, what does TMO stand for? I know the first part stands for "T-mobile" but I can not figure out what the "O" stands for... But back to the subject at hand...

I experienced the problem within the first week, sure. I work with a Windows operating system so I am used to bugs and I live with them for a bit. If a bug sticks around too long that I can't fix, I resolve it by reformatting and reinstalling the operating system or replacing the suspect hardware.

You would think that a cellphone has the basic functions and "quick fixes" but I am sure that you know that a cell phone is much different when it comes to software. I don't know that much about the technical side of computers but I have basic knowledge and enough understanding to know that the software in Windows is much more sophistic than the software in our phones. Windows have been around long enough for there to be quick fix. You have the ability to check for bugs with a push of a simple buttom. With wireless, it either works or it doesn't. It's hard to believe that someone like yourself is shocked with this issue....

With this phone, I approached the problems as such, I guess. TMO reassured me that the problem is going to be resolved with a replacement phone, which I received later. Then another. That, mixed with my extremely packed schedule, eventually ended up being three months later.

Think about a "car" if you think you have a problem with the performance of your car and you don't tend to that issue until it's gotten to a point that you are forced to take it to a shop or your car won't be operational. In many cases, the problem that you neglict will become worse as time progresses. Another example is when someone has a sore throat and they don't tend to their sore throat then it could lead to worse things. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

Regardless of why people didn't return it, as there are plenty of valid reasons, I am more interested in why TMO won't acknowledge the defect with the phone and provide their customers with an alternate means of resolution rather than replacing the phone repeatedly with another defective model.

Again, I totally understand where you are coming from and you are absolutely correct to say that TMO should fix the issue once it has been known. Unless you have a petition signed by at lease 5000 or more people with this this same problem with the 7100T then TMO as well as RIM will blow you off like nothing has happened. I am sure as time goes on, RIM will develope a solution to this problem but unfortunately they will not give you an ETA. I have been in the wireless industry since I was 18, I have worked with SprintPCS, ATTWS, and I am currently working with Cingular. In my expereince with these companies with problematic phones, you will never get a resolution without going to battle with them. I don't think that TM has a solution to the problem, only RIM does. I believe that the issue is only with the 7100T if I am not mistaken, I say this because no other carrier seems to have these issues with their phones. [/quote]

I don't think that is too much to ask.

In a perfect world this IS not too much to ask but this is not a perfect world. It really sounds like this is TMO's way of using this as an excuse and giving you the run around because it would cost them too much money to fix this issue.

Do not be upset and angry with TM for it is not their fault that the 7100T is defective. TM does not sell phones, they sell service.

I feel bad because you guys seem to be having many issues with getting in contact with a Blackberry rep, because I work for Cingular, I have a e-mail to the Blackberry Rep that we use... I am not suppose to give this to anyone but under the circumstances I believe that I am doing the right thing.

I may have a solution for you guys because being that I represent Cingular I have a BB contact e-mail addy but I don't want everyone to know it because it's against the business code of conduct but I am willing to provide that e-mail should you choose to send me a PIN message and I will reply with this reps e-mail... I can only do this for the first 10 people who PIN me... no charge of course.

9balla4life
06-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I hope that I don't get fired for this...

spblat
06-12-2005, 12:00 AM
There's probably nothing Tysha can do for us. And she would probably thank you not to post her e-mail address without permission.

But thanks for your interest.

deputy5211
06-12-2005, 11:24 AM
I got our account rep to give us a credit for 500 bucks.... we're getting our 7290's via TMO on monday...... I love the 7100, but I can no longer continue to deal with this issue. Anyone looking for a couple of 7100's lemme know.
I'm just down the road from you in Coppell. Would be interested in your 7100's.

9balla4life
06-15-2005, 12:57 AM
7100G or T? how much?

sbplat they represent bb's and no matter if she likes it or not they are obligated to help all BB cust. I understand what you're saying and it's very nobel of you. However, I did not guarentee that she would be able to help you but I'm sure they wouldn't mind pointing you in the right direction.

P.S. She is the rep for all Northeast markets which means that she works with Verizon, TM, and Cingular.

ckent
06-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Yesterday's response from RIM via T-Mobile. I think this is starting to turn into lip service.

"I wanted to provide you an update. RIM has isolated the issue and is working on the resolution. We are hoping to have that resolution in the coming days. I will keep you posted."

harsaphes
06-16-2005, 05:33 AM
well soon isnt soon enough....i have to get rid of this phone. Last night again, reboot, finding network ect. Its really bad.

JimmySwinger
06-23-2005, 10:18 AM
As of 6.23.5, 9am, we have collected a total of 28 signatures. Not bad for two weeks! Thanks to all who have signed the petition.

hhh_fan
06-28-2005, 02:36 PM
I have signed along with my 3 collegues.

austinheat
06-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Someone asked earlier about rolling back from 4.0 to 3.8...but there's still no answer posted. I want to do the same thing because I'm tired of reboots and "unable to locate network" messages even after the phone comes back on. So, where can I download 3.8?

Incidentally, I deleted all of the IM crap that everyone has been citing as the cause of the problem; even after it was gone from the "Applications" list and the "Service Book" list, the reboot problem persists. I hope that's not being considered "THE fix" by RIM...

austinheat
06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
Looks like I just found my own answer here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=8973

pkodyssey
06-30-2005, 06:45 AM
It is a Siren drawing you in with beautiful song then when you least expect it...REBOOT! :razz:

authentication_key
06-30-2005, 10:41 AM
upgrade is posted to fix this issue

t-mobile.com/bbupgrade

romainr
06-30-2005, 02:28 PM
I am lucky and never experienced the shut down issue during calls. My phone however takes minutes to recover network after loosing it.
I signed to show my support.
Romain

JimmySwinger
07-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Am downloading now... won't be able to update until later tonight. If I can get one solid week of no reboot action, then I will let you know. Fingers crossed...

JimmySwinger
07-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm into day two of the software upgrade, and so far... NO REBOOTS!

(not) Holding my breath... I've seen this before! If I get a week of no reboots, I'll celebrate. AND I'll drop this thread like a dirty diaper.

gposh
07-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Hello All,
I usually stay in the shadows on forums but must speak up now. I have the same common issues/probs as you all with the 7100; the main one is the 'searching for network' mode that the phone goes into or drops the call you are on and then goes into. Reboot or sometimes you can turn off and on radio and it finds it and you are fine for a while. Then this update comes along. The phone acts differently, as in it finds the network on its own faster when it loses its network as before, but still loses it and drops my calls, and I occassionally look down at the phone and it searches for a quite a while, or I even have to reboot as before, SO all in all, that part is not much different for me, but now, I wake up in the morning or come back to the phone after a while to find it saying NO SERVICE. I reboot and it immediately finds service. I don't think this update solved this problem at all and I am surprised more people have not been reporting on it, but assume they are staying in the shadows as I have before. 7100 users, including JimmySwinger can you let us know how yours has been doing since the update? I could really use some help here. I now must sign the petition. Thanks all.

JimmySwinger
07-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Hello,

Well, since the upgrade, I have had no problems with the phone whatsoever! Not one single reboot.

Gposh, I think that your issue is being addressed on this thread:
http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=11422

Well, I am quite happy to say that since I'm not experiencing the problem any longer, I am not interested in carrying the banner for this thread any longer! If there is someone out there who is still experiencing these issues and would like to take over the thread, please do.

The latest update seems to have done the trick.

Thanks to all of you who helped with this...