PDA

View Full Version : OEM Replacement Housings/Faceplates?

SirTristan
10-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find OEM replacement parts for any BB. I've read the other thread on this site discussing the same issue, but it didn't sound like anyone found a solution.

Since there's more members now...I decided to ask this question again in hopes that some new folks may know.

Does anyone know how to get an OEM housing/faceplate for a 7280? I bought a dummy BB through eBay hoping to use its faceplate. Unfortunately, the dummy BB's are NOT made with the same quality plastic that the real BB's are. In addition, the 7280's have the metal bezel around the display...and the dummy version has the plastic (painted) silver bezel.

Call me anal...but as much as I use this darn thing, just can't stand looking at the scratched up corner. :( Somehow, the leather case holding my BB go knocked off my belt one day by a box in my hands...resulting in a case of pavement poisoning! It still works like a champ though!! :wink:

finch
10-03-2004, 05:24 PM
If anything you might have to go directly to RIM to get a replacement for you berry.

Hoop
10-03-2004, 08:03 PM
I believe that the 7280 has the (silver painted) plastic bezel.

Jeff Litman
03-14-2005, 10:22 PM
we sell blackberry replacement parts:

http://www.promobility.net/html/blackberryparts.shtml

MooseNYC
03-16-2005, 09:55 AM
we sell blackberry replacement parts:

http://www.promobility.net/html/blackberryparts.shtml

Jeff,
Thanks for the post and the link, very interesting. I know some of our TMO bretheren who have the TMO version of the 7100t would love it if you stocked the 7100 cases (all except the TMO version of course). There has been plenty of disgust with the current TMO version and I cant blame them I wouldnt want it. The current Cingular version (7100g) works well as I am sure the O2 and Vodaphone would also be big sellers.
I for one would buy two kits of the Cingular case so I can mod my sibling's 7100t

Seriously, I'll bet that there would be a good market for those.

Regards,

Dave

NEXTEL347
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
I Can Have Any Nextel Blackberry Refurbished With New Casing, Etc. For Only 20$ As Long As There Is No Physical/liquid Damages.

El Chino
06-02-2005, 06:52 AM
How do you get the housing replaced for $20? Who do you contact?

Grammer
06-06-2005, 06:13 AM
Jeff,
Thanks for the post and the link, very interesting. I know some of our TMO bretheren who have the TMO version of the 7100t would love it if you stocked the 7100 cases (all except the TMO version of course). There has been plenty of disgust with the current TMO version and I cant blame them I wouldnt want it. The current Cingular version (7100g) works well as I am sure the O2 and Vodaphone would also be big sellers.
I for one would buy two kits of the Cingular case so I can mod my sibling's 7100t

Seriously, I'll bet that there would be a good market for those.

Regards,

Dave

Hmm, interesting. I would agree that i would love to change the housing of my 7100t to something else maybe the v or g models. I would assume (maybe wrongly) that internally they should all be the same so replacing the shell wouldnt be impossible? would love to hear any stories/information anyone might have on this.

JAChavez99
06-07-2005, 11:58 PM
I Can Have Any Nextel Blackberry Refurbished With New Casing, Etc. For Only 20$ As Long As There Is No Physical/liquid Damages.

Please do let us know! (y)

stonent
06-08-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm interested as well

robnick2
06-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Any word on if the 7100 g or v cases will work with the BB 7100t. I love my 7100t, but I don't like the case.

bobdavisnpf
06-16-2005, 03:57 PM
How about different colors? I like the 7100g case ok but would prefer a different color, a nice blue or something.

kprosser
11-08-2005, 02:43 PM
This can be done if you can find some way to replace the keypad circuit board. The 7100T/R are the same as are the 7100G/X. The case is interchangeable but the keypad will not function unless you change the circuit board, which I have not attempted.

tlechaos
11-09-2005, 01:24 AM

In deed! Would love to have my scratched up 7510 looking new again. Very interested. Anyone heard back from NEXTEL347? (y)

misfist
03-15-2006, 08:52 AM
I successfully modified my 7100T by replacing the keypad and housing. It was quite easy (though a little costly) and now looks a about a thousand times better!

I ordered the housing kit and keypad from: http://www.bbrepairshop.com/parts-7100.html

1. Complete housing for BlackBerry BlackBerry 7100X (interchangable with 7100g) - OEM
2. Replacement Keyboard for BlackBerry 7100g and 7100x

The existing keypad does "work" with the housing, but not well (far left and right column of keys need to be pressed in hard in order to be recognized.) Replacing it is easy because the old one basically pops out and the new one pops in.

The finished product (sorry for the crappy camera phone pic.)
http://misfist.com/images/hosted/blackberry_7100_mod.jpg

lifestar53
03-16-2006, 12:47 PM

Has NEXTEL347 posted anything anwhere on this forum since this post ?

toddz
03-16-2006, 05:11 PM
@<hidden>

So the total for both was $89.99 + $24.99 correct? And the 7100X complete housing included front, back, battery door, keypad (just the outer plastic keys and rubber pad)? Then all you needed was a new 7100G keypad circuit board?

Just wanted to get this straight if I pull the switch on this mod.

Thanks,
toddz

I successfully modified my 7100T by replacing the keypad and housing. It was quite easy (though a little costly) and now looks a about a thousand times better!

I ordered the housing kit and keypad from: http://www.bbrepairshop.com/parts-7100.html

1. Complete housing for BlackBerry BlackBerry 7100X (interchangable with 7100g) - OEM

The existing keypad does "work" with the housing, but not well (far left and right column of keys need to be pressed in hard in order to be recognized.) Replacing it is easy because the old one basically pops out and the new one pops in.

misfist
04-02-2006, 08:44 PM
@<hidden>

So the total for both was $89.99 + $24.99 correct? And the 7100X complete housing included front, back, battery door, keypad (just the outer plastic keys and rubber pad)? Then all you needed was a new 7100G keypad circuit board?

Just wanted to get this straight if I pull the switch on this mod.

Thanks,
toddz

Sorry for the delay in replying...

The keyboard for $24.99 includes the circuit board. So, the cost (w/out shipping and tax) was $114.98. There is a less expensive ($59.99) housing replacement that looks pretty good too.

Hope this helps!

sharpie00
04-16-2006, 08:51 AM
I have a 7105t and would love to change out my housing. Any suggestions?

VR6
04-27-2006, 02:18 PM
here are some step-by-step instructions that might help:
http://www.pinstack.com/blackberryfaq/index.php?sid=8835&lang=en&action=artikel&cat=18&id=247&artlang=en

EricaJ1074
05-17-2006, 01:26 AM
Will a housing for a 7105t work on a 7100t (I realize the keypads are different)? My 7100t needs an upgrade. I am sick of the bluish grey lol

rcg
05-18-2006, 12:06 PM
How do you get the housing replaced for $20? Who do you contact?

He uses the Nextel quick swap program... Drop yours off at the service center and 24 hours later you get a refurb... Oh and your original BB should have some sort of "problem" to justify the swap. I think the price is 35 by the way.

VR6
05-31-2006, 05:46 PM
i ordered a 7100G keyboard and keypad from promobility.com as well as the silver strip sticker...got the black 7100x case from BIG_DADDY_D here on the BBforums for a good price (thanks bro!) and swapped out my beat up 7100R case...

it now looks like a slim 8700R with a shinier case, since i have the 4.1 OS and Zen theme on it...sweet, totally worth the trouble...looks like a litte Darth Vader phone...

phone_caller
06-22-2006, 12:50 PM

The finished product (sorry for the crappy camera phone pic.)
http://misfist.com/images/hosted/blackberry_7100_mod.jpg

I did this too! It looks so much better. I use the black 7100 on weekends. I have an 8700c that I want to make a 8700g. Do I need the new keypad for that too?

ChadStrife
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Hey Jeff, I am a new member and have been searching for replacement housing for the 8700c. I saw your website and asked to get a call from a sales rep so I could buy a new front cover. Nothing. Then I called up one of the numbers on the website.. they referred me to the main office and even they had no idea what I was talking about. I even showed them the website. All I need to do is buy the front cover. Can you help me with this?? Please feel free to message or e-mail me if you don't wish to reply here. Thank you. *Chad

schalliol
08-12-2006, 10:24 PM
I have an 8700c and was using the included holster, only to have the unit pop out onto asphalt 3 days after getting it. The screen is fine and I have a protector for it, but I'd love to get rid of the scratches. Has anyone found a good way to do this on the cheap by replacing the front plastic since the thread has gone stale? Thanks!

Proth3uS
09-03-2006, 02:17 AM
I have an 8700c and was using the included holster, only to have the unit pop out onto asphalt 3 days after getting it. The screen is fine and I have a protector for it, but I'd love to get rid of the scratches. Has anyone found a good way to do this on the cheap by replacing the front plastic since the thread has gone stale? Thanks!
look on ebay i got my 8700 used from my friend and the case was beat up so i got a new one from ebay for 30 bucks from this guy from china, it took 4 weeks to get here but it was worth it

heres the link

eBay: ORIGINAL BlackBerry 8700g 8700 Housing Faceplate Cover (item 200023373421 end time Sep-07-06 04:02:57 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-BlackBerry-8700g-8700-Housing-Faceplate-Cover_W0QQitemZ200023373421QQihZ010QQcategoryZ14418QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

csurfr
09-03-2006, 04:07 AM
look on ebay i got my 8700 used from my friend and the case was beat up so i got a new one from ebay for 30 bucks from this guy from china, it took 4 weeks to get here but it was worth it

heres the link

eBay: ORIGINAL BlackBerry 8700g 8700 Housing Faceplate Cover (item 200023373421 end time Sep-07-06 04:02:57 PDT) (http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-BlackBerry-8700g-8700-Housing-Faceplate-Cover_W0QQitemZ200023373421QQihZ010QQcategoryZ14418QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

What about the keypad? They are shaped differently. Where did you get one of those at ?

wangta01
09-06-2006, 10:43 AM
What about the keypad? They are shaped differently. Where did you get one of those at ?

yes, I'm curious about this too as my 8700c case is...worn.

Was looking at getting a new 8700c case, but the 8700g case looks much cooler. Wonder if I can buy the 8700g and put the 8700c components inside?

Proth3uS
09-14-2006, 10:15 AM
you'll have to get a new keypad, that same guy sell those too

wangta01
09-14-2006, 01:21 PM
you'll have to get a new keypad, that same guy sell those too

I looked before and didn't see any for sale - you sure that guy has keyboards for sale too? Prologic doesn't have them, so it made me wonder if they even exist.

scotty
10-05-2006, 09:17 PM
What about a cingular blackberry

fry
10-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Any idea of where to find instructions on changing 8700 faceplace? Just bought OEM off ebay.

Thanks

fry

truonorj
12-23-2006, 08:27 PM
These parts seem cheaper
Check cnn dot cn.

James Adams
01-07-2007, 10:43 PM
This is really easy............ Remove the battery cover, then remove the battery. Next there are 3 screws (2 at the bottom and 1 at the top) get a glass repair screwdriver kit and this will ensure you can unscrew the tiny screws. Grab the bottom of the back cover and pull up slightly and you will hear a click. push up towards the top and the back plate should come off easily. Make sure that the side buttons don't fall out.

Next, there are now 4 screws 2 on each side...remove these.....be careful the Black main casing is now holding the front cover, again lift up carefully slightly upwards and it will click. Now you should have 3 pieces....Front, Black Main ( which houses the guts and the back(and the battery cover) ). Also be careful of the power and mute button on the front face plate.....as well as the earpiece sometimes wants to fall out.

Place your new face plate in the reverse order and ensure you tighten the screws and your done!

I removed my face plate and had it chrome dipped and it looks awesome!

If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask!

Have fun!

James

spottyb
05-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Oh my god - thank you for advising me how to get the faceplate off of the Blackberry,

I just put my husband's 8700 through the front loading washing machine. :cry: I followed your instructions and got the water out and then gently dried it with a hair dryer and it works!!!!!! 8-)

THANK YOU!

PS - HE left it in his jacket pocket! :x

spottyb
05-20-2007, 06:28 PM
:cry: My elation at getting hubbies' BB to work again has turned to tears as this morning he went to turn it on again and jut got a bliking red indicator light and nada on the screen.

Oh - well - he's off to explain the damage to his IT guy at work and beg for a new one. :oops:

Thanks again for all your help!

Ranger_Ed
09-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey all,

Got a Nextel BB 7100i, cracked front lens and missing the "8" on the keypad. I did see on the ProMobility and BBrepairshop websites where I can get a new front for mine, but nobody seems to carry the keypad. Any thoughts?

vie2004
10-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Hello everyone!
I am also on an endless search over the NET.
Anyone know where to get a replacement housing for the RED AT&T 8100? I just about found every conceivable part in black, but red seems to be out of style :cry:
Any help or pointer is highly appreciated.
TIA

prohomebuilder
10-15-2007, 09:09 PM
:bb: I am looking for a new housing for my 7520, in a color other than black//// any know where I can get one? I have a friend who had one with florida gator colors but it was given as a gift and the store has since closed up> looking for anything other than black

tbmorris51
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
I just received a keyboard and lens cover for the 8830 from the Cellular Nationwide Network out of Hong Kong. It took about 10 days for shipping to the US. The parts appeared to be OEM and were bubble wrapped etc. I am pleased with this company so far, and the prices are absolutely great compared to what I have found in the US.
Here is a link to their site: https://cnn.cn/shop/index.php

Zontar
12-18-2007, 04:45 PM
:cry: My elation at getting hubbies' BB to work again has turned to tears as this morning he went to turn it on again and jut got a bliking red indicator light and nada on the screen.

Oh - well - he's off to explain the damage to his IT guy at work and beg for a new one. :oops:

Thanks again for all your help!

They shouldn't be surprised. I once had someone come in with a two-way pager clip and no pager. She said the pager fell in a power flush toilet just as she flushed it and it went you-know-where. We had loss-theft insurance and I was wondering what the carrier was going to say. They said it happens surprisingly often and just overnighted a new one. I guess if I worked there I'd be glad if someone didn't send in a dead pager that fell in a toilet. (Hmm... there is no PU/gross emoticon here).

ccolungax
06-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi, I got original faceplate for BB for differents models, the thing is that i'm in Monterrey, Mexico,

but if I can do something for you, consider it done.

Regards

ccolungax
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
I've searched and searched and I can't seem to find OEM replacement parts for any BB. I've read the other thread on this site discussing the same issue, but it didn't sound like anyone found a solution.

Since there's more members now...I decided to ask this question again in hopes that some new folks may know.

Does anyone know how to get an OEM housing/faceplate for a 7280? I bought a dummy BB through eBay hoping to use its faceplate. Unfortunately, the dummy BB's are NOT made with the same quality plastic that the real BB's are. In addition, the 7280's have the metal bezel around the display...and the dummy version has the plastic (painted) silver bezel.

Call me anal...but as much as I use this darn thing, just can't stand looking at the scratched up corner. :( Somehow, the leather case holding my BB go knocked off my belt one day by a box in my hands...resulting in a case of pavement poisoning! It still works like a champ though!! :wink:

I got BB replacements part, even for mayor sales but i'm located at Monterrey Mx. if any interested my webpge is under construction but you can get me trough my job webpage or at msn: ccolungax@<hidden>

kvnguyen
07-03-2008, 02:07 PM
this is interesting

tatunick
08-22-2008, 10:47 PM
www cnn.cn has all blackberry replacemeant parts pretty cool place they have alot of good stuff but i cant post a link in here so like i said its cnn.cn

Masterteee89
10-29-2008, 04:45 AM
I just bought the sapphire blue full housing and it looks wicked awesome! It looks black in at different angles.. and it was cake installing it!! I went from the stock gold/tmobile one to this!! Huge difference! Looks and feels like a brand new phone.. i also bought a new track ball!

BlackBerry Curve 8320 OEM Sapphire full housing w/ kbd- BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, HTC, Alcatel, Acer, Mobiado, NEC, Apple, Nokia, Sony, Acc (http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-curve-8320-sapphire-full-housing-p-3304.html)

warreng24
12-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Has anyone any experience with buying OEM housings from gsm4world.us ?

If so, how's the quality of the parts? Do they seem to be genuine OEM or cheap "OEM" knock-offs?