PDA

View Full Version : PIN messaging

sambora633
05-31-2005, 07:28 PM
I just got a 7290 and am behind the BES. I was wondering if there's a way to unlock the pin messaging - I'm getting receiving pin messages, but can't reply to them.

Is there a hack or a way to remove this without going to admin?

Thanks!

DarkWater
05-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Well, you'd probably have to go to the admin. You might have an IT Policy in place preventing you from sending PIN messages.

Soapm
05-31-2005, 11:58 PM
There was a guy in this or HOFO that offered to send you a blank policy. I'm not sure if the BES would over write it again but it is worth a shot. If you find that post, bump it up cause I've been looking for it since I was put on BES. Unfortunately, the search button usually doesn't pull up 1/2 the post I know I've seen yet so many folks here shout use search.

Don't believe me do a search with my name and I bet this post doesn't appear.

jubrand
09-16-2005, 03:50 PM
I have the same problem. I can send PIN messages, but if I get one and I try to reply, the message gets marked with the red "X". I'm on BES. Is there any way to fix this? It hasn't always done this.

NJBlackBerry
09-16-2005, 03:54 PM
If you are on a BES, putting a blank policy on will do no good, since the BES will simply push the corporate policy right back down.

A blank policy file is only good if you have a BB that was previously used on a BES, was purchased and still has a corporate policy on it - even though it is no longer on the BES.

There is no way to erase a policy once it has been pushed.

jubrand
09-16-2005, 03:58 PM
If you are on a BES, putting a blank policy on will do no good, since the BES will simply push the corporate policy right back down.

A blank policy file is only good if you have a BB that was previously used on a BES, was purchased and still has a corporate policy on it - even though it is no longer on the BES.

There is no way to erase a policy once it has been pushed.

So do I have to ask my IS guys to make a change to fix this?

One thing I forgot to mention also. I can send PIN messages fine, this only happens if I get one and then click "reply" from the message.

RetroBerry
09-16-2005, 04:10 PM
If you will get yourself a "retro-berry" you don't have this issue.

penguin3107
09-16-2005, 04:22 PM
If you will get yourself a "retro-berry" you don't have this issue.

You know when someone tries so hard to be funny... and you can tell that they think their joke is so friggin hilarious that they post it on like 7 threads in a row... but in reality, they're just embarassing themselves?

jubrand
09-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Yes, that guy is a tool.

jubrand
09-16-2005, 04:47 PM
So do I have to ask my IS guys to make a change to fix this?

One thing I forgot to mention also. I can send PIN messages fine, this only happens if I get one and then click "reply" from the message.

ANYWAY, back to my question. Anyone have any ideas?