PDA

View Full Version : BB7520 and GMail

paulfr2
06-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Hello, I am new to this forum and to the Blackberry.

I recently purchased the 7520 from Nextel and set up the webclient to access gmail. In my gmail account settings I have all incoming mail forwarded to my nextel.blackberry.net account so that I receive all gmail messages.

If I send a message to my gmail account, within seconds I receive the message... but here is the problem.... about 3 or 4 minutes later I receive a second message which is a duplicate message. Can anyone shed some light on this? I have done the search method on these forums and haven't found anything related to my problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dawg
06-01-2005, 05:27 AM
Did you forward and set up the bwc to recieve from the gmail?

paulfr2
06-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Gmail settings go like this:

Forwarding to my nextel.blackberry.net account is enabled
POP is enabled for all incoming mail

BWC settings go like this:

Under Profiles | Email Accounts

The list of email addresses that work with the BB are present.
The sent from address is the gmail account.

---

I think though I may have resolved the issue. I deleted the gmail account and set up the Sent From address in the BWC to the gmail account. So far I haven't received any duplicate messages. :) Thanks for your help though!

Dawg
06-01-2005, 06:59 AM
I dont forward anything I let BWC do it all. If you forward it skips the spam filters.

pcnetgeek
06-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Gmail settings go like this:

Forwarding to my nextel.blackberry.net account is enabled
POP is enabled for all incoming mail

BWC settings go like this:

Under Profiles | Email Accounts

The list of email addresses that work with the BB are present.
The sent from address is the gmail account.

---

I think though I may have resolved the issue. I deleted the gmail account and set up the Sent From address in the BWC to the gmail account. So far I haven't received any duplicate messages. :) Thanks for your help though!
OFFTOPIC

Love your Avatar .. :)
Master Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

paulfr2
06-01-2005, 10:00 AM
OFFTOPIC

Love your Avatar .. :)
Master Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Hey thanks! I use that Avatar on all of the other forums I subscribe to. My whole family is military... except me. My father was in the Marines, his brother was AF and my brother was also AF.

Plus... I love FMJ! That movies kicks butt!!