PDA

View Full Version : Weird Battery Charging... HELP!

dclovesgolf
09-07-2007, 01:12 AM
I have BB 8700g. I usually charge my BB every other night however I started to notice that my BB wouldn't charge up from a wall. The charger icon appears on the battery icon but after 5 seconds, it disappears, and won't charge up fully. Alternate option is to charge my BB from my computer, the charger icon stays on until its fully charged. How come? I would like to charge my BB from a wall somewhere if I am out of town. Appreciate your help...

x14
09-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Your wall charger is busted.

mystyang
09-07-2007, 07:49 AM
I have BB 8700g. I usually charge my BB every other night however I started to notice that my BB wouldn't charge up from a wall. The charger icon appears on the battery icon but after 5 seconds, it disappears, and won't charge up fully. Alternate option is to charge my BB from my computer, the charger icon stays on until its fully charged. How come? I would like to charge my BB from a wall somewhere if I am out of town. Appreciate your help...

try using another wall charger - you might be having the same issue as me where the charger interface is a litter looser. It may also be the female connector on your BB; your usb cable to computer may be a little thicker, which is why it still stays in, while the travel charger isn't as thick.

brady7250
09-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I lost my stock charger and bought an "I-go" one from Radio Shack. The same thing happens to me. I think it's a loose connection. It charges for about 30 seconds then stops, then charges then stops, etc...it works but not as good as the charger that came with my BB

estabulla
09-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Not all mini USB chargers will charge the Blackberry. I have ones from another phone that does not work with my Blackberry. I have also noticed that this behavior is different with a standard battery vs. an extended battery. i.e. a third party charger that worked with the standard did not work with my extended battery.

JSanders
09-08-2007, 03:48 PM
estabulla is correct. I bought about three USB wall or auto chargers before I discovered one that works.

MikeyLikesIt
09-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I found out the same thing the hard way; meaning that I had already purchesed a SEIDO double extended life battery before I discovered that it was my wall charger. Further, I think that it was because I had started using the wife's motorola Razr charger. My IT guy had mentioned that it would work in my BB and since we had two chargers sitting in the kitchen, one being my BB and the other her Razr, I figured I'd just use hers and take mine to a more advantageous location. Then I thought I had started having battery problems. Reading around in these fora convinced me to try charging via the company laptop which I rarely fire up at home now that I have a BB (why would I?) and it did an excellent job of charging the BB. The only thing I have to try now is to go find the original BB wall charger and try charging with it and see if it gives me as good of a charge. I guess I will like the SEIDO when I get it out of the box. I had to eat a little crow on the posts I did regarding the BB extended life battery. Seems it is OK after all.

MikeyMike

dclovesgolf
09-10-2007, 12:53 AM
All of you that responded to my question were right on the nose. I had replaced my BB 8700g and used the old BB wall charger. Of course, that one doesn't work on the new BB so had to look for another mini USB around the house that will work on my new BB. Found three mini USB wall chargers and discovered two of these that will work on the new BB. One will stay in my home and the other one for traveling purposes. Thanks for the HUGE help! you guys rock! (y)

David

namja
10-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Sorry to resurrect on old thread but ...

I'm trying to buy a second AC charger for my phone (so I can leave one at work) as well as buy a car charger. How do I ensure that a charger will work with my phone? I tried a Razr AC charger and it didn't work; I tried the Garmin Nuvi car charger and that didn't work either. Do I need to buy one from RIM/Blackberry?

JSanders
10-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Buying one an OEM product would likely ensure you have one that works. I bought ab out 5-6 off-brand auto chargers until I finally got one that worked. Some will say they are for BlackBerry, and just simply won't produce the juice needed.

You could go by any carrier store (ATT, VZA, TMO) and pick up a charger, ALL RIM are interchangeable.