PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Spell check

labberton
06-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Can someone please recommend a decent Blackberry spell checker (7230's) that is free? or is responably priced.

Is there anything out there that does not want us to go through their servers to check the spelling?

Please help.

Thanks

Lloyd

Dawg
06-01-2005, 08:35 AM
bbspell has a free service they are a sponsor of this site works very good on my 7520. Do a search "BBSpell" I dont remember the address of it off the top of my head.

greenhut
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
The bbSpell free service includes spelling, thesaurus, and dictionary, is limitted to three spell checks per day, and a one year license is $35.

If you don't wish to use our spelling service, we make an Enterprise version available where you run the engine locally, but this is geared towards large installs and is much more expensive.

There is an open source solution called bbCorrector. It requires that you setup, secure, and maintain your own spelling server. While server installation is not too difficult, maintaining a secure server environment requires ongoing attention to service packs and other security issues. Even if you open your firewall up on just port 80, you should know what you are doing or risk having your computer/network hacked.

bbSpell includes numerous features not found in bbCorrector, which may or may not be important to you.

More details on bbSpell at:

www.somedevelopers.com

jeff