PDA

View Full Version : India/Nepal and phone coverage...

Karl Thoreson
09-08-2007, 01:17 AM
So.. anyone have a compilation of "deals" on foreign prepaid providers? I have been to a few places with little knowledge of local providers, but would like to know a bit. FYI: I have a Verizon 8830 that is unlocked which has been used abroad. However I rarely pay attention to price and just end up buying what I see first. Does anyone have any suggestions for say... Brazil, India, Nepal, Guatemala, Italy, Germany, Lithuania, Chezk Republic, GB, Canada, Mexico, Japan? I know, quite the list... just curious if anyone else has a sheet of notes, per se. :idea:

dc/dc
09-11-2007, 06:05 AM
The following is my opinion and my opinion ONLY, but it is an experienced opinion.

My recommendation is to get Vodafone or its affiliate in any country they have service. They won't be the cheapest, but they will be the best.

Brasil - TIM
India - Hutch
Nepal - ?
Guatemala - Telefonica
Italy - Vodafone or TIM
Germany - T-Mobile or Vodafone
Lithuania - UAB
CZR - Vodafone
GB - Vodafone
Canada - Rogers/Fido is the only choice unfortunately
Mexico - Telcel
Japan - You may have difficulty purchasing prepaid service, but both NTT DoCoMo and Softbank pretty much blanket the country with UMTS2100

Some countries you didn't ask about:
Egypt - Vodafone
Qatar - QTel is the only choice
Bahrain - MTC Vodafone
Kuwait - MTC Vodafone
UAE - ETISALAT
Singapore - M1 Vodafone or SingTel

Bite IT Admin
11-07-2008, 04:33 AM
In Lithuania and Latvia the only provider is Bite, Vodafone partner, available only for postpaid as far as I know.