PDA

View Full Version : 7290 - TCU Exception

apbb2
06-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi all,

I have a user that needed to replace his Cingular 7290. I booted it up fine and then it rebooted itself.

Now all i get is a TCU Exception - reset on the screen.

Anyone know how to get out of this. BDM doesn't even see it.

Thanks.

byurek
07-16-2006, 04:38 PM
I have this same issue with a 7290. It rebooted itself during a call and I haven't been able to get it working again. It repeatedly tried to reboots itself and then seemed to give up and give me a "TCU Exception Reset" error.

Is my BB dead and I need to get a new one? I don't even know if I can do anything with it.

Any help would be awesome! Thank you!

mike o
09-04-2007, 09:56 AM
A'm having the same problem too, my 7290 displaying TCU Exception Reset i want u gils to tell me what to do?

rfadvertising
08-18-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm having the same problem with my 7290. It has TCU Exception Reset displayed on the screen and resets (obviously) when any button is pressed. I've tried JL Commander and it doesn't even connect. The BB doesn't even connect to the desktop manager via usb.. it doesn't recognize device. Someone please help. I'm about to consider the solution of a friend... drop it from 4-6 ft onto a carpeted floor increasing velocity and height as confidence increases.

John Clark
08-18-2008, 06:16 PM
A quick search over at BlackBerry - PDAs - BlackBerry Support at BlackBerry.com (http://www.blackberry.com/support) gave the following result:

BlackBerry Search Results (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04706&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=83205532&stateId=0%200%2083207685)

SWI and TCU BlackBerry device errors
Doc ID : KB04706
Last Modified : 2007-06-12
Document Type : Support

Print this page

Environment

* BlackBerry® device
* BlackBerry Device Software 4.0 and 4.1
* SDR99073

Problem

You receive one of the following errors on your BlackBerry device:

SWI exception reset

TCU exception reset

Resolution

Download and install the latest BlackBerry Device Software.

1. Download the latest version of BlackBerry Device Software from your wireless service provider’s website.
2. Connect the BlackBerry device to your computer.
3. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-clickApplication Loader. The Application Loader Wizard opens. Click Next.
4. If prompted, enter your device password and clickNext. The Application Selection window appears.
5. Select the applications to be loaded on to the device, then click Next.
6. The Completing the Application Loader Wizard screen appears.Do not click Finish. Click Advanced to begin loading the applications.
7. In the Data Preservation window, select the Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications check box and clickNext.
8. In the Application Data Backup window, choose the option to automatically back up the application data before loading and to restore the contents when the load is complete.
9. Click Finish to begin the Application Loader Process. The data on the device is erased and reloaded.
10. Click Close when the loading operation is complete.

holden
08-18-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm having the same problem with my 7290. It has TCU Exception Reset displayed on the screen and resets (obviously) when any button is pressed. I've tried JL Commander and it doesn't even connect. The BB doesn't even connect to the desktop manager via usb.. it doesn't recognize device. Someone please help. I'm about to consider the solution of a friend... drop it from 4-6 ft onto a carpeted floor increasing velocity and height as confidence increases.

This is a tough one as there are only a few threads out there that can address this issue. (the one Clark posted)
(there may be one good thing about this - you can upgrade to a newer unit)
The 7290 is an older unit. They are usually bullet proof and can put up with a lot of hard use.
If you can reboot the device while having the USB attached, you sometimes can catch the device and attempt a reload. I have seen something like this happen and kept trying for about 20 times and was able to catch the device on one of the reboots. (it was not with this specific error)
If you can catch the device you sould be able to rebuild...
good luck...

stanfordfan0001
11-26-2008, 02:54 AM
can you get a discount if you turn in your current blackberry for an upgraded newer model?