PDA

View Full Version : Cannot receive messages on the BlackBerry

celsomaciel
06-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Hello everyone!

I can send messages but I cannot receive messages on the BlackBerry using the Desktop Redirector. Someone have any idea about what is happening?

I just to receive a BlackBerry 7230 and I've installed the Desktop Redirector.
The signal was provisioned by local service provider and I have confirmed it.
The encryption key was re-generated. The hard reset was did too.
But the Desktop Redirector still with the messages in "Pending to handheld"...

BlackBerry 7230
Outlook 2003
BlackBerry Desktop Redirector 4.0.1 (SP1)

Any idea about what can be?

Thanks in advanced.

Celso Maciel

DarkWater
06-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Create a new MAPI profile in Outlook. The same server and user name for your mailbox, and make it Outlook's default profile.

Then change all the profiles in the desktop manager.

Could also upgrade your desktop software to 4.0.1 and generate 3 new keys.

celsomaciel
06-01-2005, 02:17 PM
Unfortunally nothing yet.
I have created a new MAPI profile in Outlook and I've follow all steps above but don't work. The message still in "pending to handheld".

DarkWater
06-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Did you generate keys after creating the new Outlook profile?

celsomaciel
06-02-2005, 07:21 AM
Yes, I did 3 times.

The Desktop Software is 4.0.1.10 (Desktop Manager) / 3.6.0.39 (Desktop Redirector)
The BlackBerryOS is 4.0

Pharma
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Have you tried a soft reset? If you go into settings/network then press in the track wheel and select register now, do you receive the registration message in you inbox? Did you try a soft reset?

celsomaciel
06-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Pharma,
after "register now" I receive in BlackBerry Inbox a message that the registration has been done. But in Outlook Inbox nothing. I guess it is ok.
Soft reset? How can I do it? You are talking about OS upgrade/reinstall?

Thanks

Pharma
06-03-2005, 02:06 PM
I just wanted you to do the register now to see if your device was working ok on your carier's network, which it looks like it is. A soft reset can be done by either taking the battery cover off and putting a paperclip in the hole labeled reset or by holding down the half moon, cap and del keys (I believe that is the combination), then press in the track wheel when you see reset on the screen. If that doesn't work, I would go to your bwc and make sure you have the correct email setup.

celsomaciel
06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Ok. I did the soft reset but still sending but not receiving. I can send message to anyone but all messages that I receive in Oultook is queueing to Redirector in "pending to handheld"... The carrier here is very very poor in information. They don't know nothing about BlackBerry. His name is TIM Brazil. I'm very disappointed.
Do you have more any idea?
Thank you for all until now. I really appreciate your help.

Dawg
06-06-2005, 12:21 PM
send a message directly to your .blackberry.net account sometimes mine does that and I have to burp the system..