PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth syncing issues

jmagnuss
09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I've followed instructions elsewhere for pairing my bb with my laptop, I'd like to be able to sync wirelessly and use it as a cell modem while travelling.

IN the bluetooth options page on the device, it shows my services are Headset, Handsfree, Desktop Connectivity and Wireless BYpass. Are those all I need to do the wireless cell modem thing?

Also, when it's paired with my laptop and I look at the connection details on the blackberry, the only services it liss are Voice gateway and COM7. In the blackberry device manager and desktop manager the "Enable bluetooth" checkbox is always disabled, even though they are paired.

Any hlp appreciated :)

Jeff.

jeremyckitching
09-11-2007, 03:40 PM
For the second issue (where the Enable Bluetooth checkbox is disabled) the bluetooth receiver on the computer needs to be installed using the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack. If you installed the driver usign the WIDCOMM (I think that is the most common other stack name) bluetooth drivers, it won't work. I found the following article that saved me from pulling my hair out about this when I set up my bluetooth dongle: Sheer Boredom - Getting Bluetooth To Work (http://www.sheerboredom.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=93&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Dubdub
09-11-2007, 04:31 PM
AFAIK, BT on the 8700 series is voice only, no data. OS 4.2 adds the data feature.

jmagnuss
09-12-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I'm using Vista and the default bluetooth software that came with it, I haven't installed anything for bluetooth.

Can I upgrade to 4.2 to get the data support?

jmagnuss
09-12-2007, 07:01 PM
My bluetooth window says Bluetooth stack by Toshiba (although I'm using a sony vaio) v 5.00.10