PDA

View Full Version : Big Miskate: phone can't reboot

dellisny
09-11-2007, 05:11 PM
I make a big mistake. I downloaded and installed an application that doesn't run on the 8700 (it only runs on curves). The install worked, but now my phone is stuck in a reboot loop that never ends. The red light goes on, I get the hour glass, then it all starts again. The loop lasts about 15 seconds.

I removed the battery, but that doesn't help. I'm stuck. I don't care about losing apps or data.

My computer platforms is OS X.

Thanks.

dc/dc
09-11-2007, 05:46 PM
The last time I Miskated, it was on RollerBlades.

Anyway, you need a Windows XP PC in order to fix it.

John Clark
09-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I make a big mistake. I downloaded and installed an application that doesn't run on the 8700 (it only runs on curves). The install worked, but now my phone is stuck in a reboot loop that never ends. The red light goes on, I get the hour glass, then it all starts again. The loop lasts about 15 seconds.

I removed the battery, but that doesn't help. I'm stuck. I don't care about losing apps or data.

My computer platforms is OS X.

Thanks.

You'll need a PC w/WinXP, Desktop Manager, and the OS installation package for your device.

Then follow the instructions in this FAQ.

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe)