PDA

View Full Version : Voice Mail Password 7520

hew2nd
06-01-2005, 08:14 PM
I've searched this forum and found several posts about how to automatically dial your voicemail password along with dialing the voice mail - but none of those suggestions seem to work on my 7520 - at least the way I'm attempting to follow the directions.

What I'm trying to do is get the BB to dial my voice mail and automatically add my password so that I will go directly to messages, rather than having to enter the password after the connection is made.

I've tried adding the password in under the additional numbers field and a few other attempts, but no joy. Any help would be apprieciated.
TIA

Dawg
06-01-2005, 08:30 PM
I havent figured that one out yet either..

Eric_M
06-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Another one of nextel's wonderful features...

southwestcomm
06-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Yes it can be done. Assign a speed dial number to your voice mail and delay the entry of your passcode, with comma's I believe, and it will dial your passcode.

jtudor
06-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Yes it can be done. Assign a speed dial number to your voice mail and delay the entry of your passcode, with comma's I believe, and it will dial your passcode.
This would be the way to do it, except in the world of cell phones, if you put in "star symbols", they act as pauses.

southwestcomm
06-03-2005, 08:38 PM
You need the pauses between the dialing of the number and the time the voicemail system picks up

Dawg
06-03-2005, 09:01 PM
On the 7520 go to phone then options voice mail your number is already set or should be in the additional numbers add password and you are all set. Works like a charm.

hew2nd
06-05-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks t all for your help. It was a combination of all these hints that finally did the trick. I had to set up a new address, that I chose to call "test".

I then inserted my voice mail phone number in this as follows

(xxx) xxx-xxxx#,yyyy "," being an "insert pause" from the menu and "yyyy" being my voice mail password.

I then dialed my new "test" contact and that worked. So I then copied that inot the "w" speed dial slot and I seem to be in business - merely dialing "w" to access my voice mail and insert my password all in one key stroke.

Thanks again for all the help from all of you.

Dawg
06-06-2005, 05:24 AM
I just went to phone and inserted it there under voice mail additional numbers didnt have to enter any pauses or anything

JulianTReeves
06-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Hew2nd,
How did you insert the additional characters? Is the '#' necessary? I can insert the # but nothing after that.

Dawg,
You said you were able to insert your passcode under "Additional numbers" and that it worked. Mine wouldn't work with that.

Anyone else successful with either of these methods? What am I missing?

JR

Dawg
06-06-2005, 12:55 PM
Now I do have smart dialing set up as well so that may be the difference I dont know but thats what I have done and I do it every day.

I also have a bank set up under a preset and I use the , as the pause. I enter the number,,,,1,,account number,,four digit code

(16 numbers)
Hew2nd,
How did you insert the additional characters? Is the '#' necessary? I can insert the # but nothing after that.

Dawg,
You said you were able to insert your passcode under "Additional numbers" and that it worked. Mine wouldn't work with that.

Anyone else successful with either of these methods? What am I missing?

JR

lmcmullen
06-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I set mine up in voicemail options. where you enter the voicemail phone number I just put xxx-xxx-xxxx,,#,1234567 as my voicemail number.

works perfect. so when I select, "Call voicemail" etc from various menus (or speeddial 1 by default) it goes and does it.

(Instructions to do this are as follows:

Click the phone icon.
On the phone screen click anywhere to bring up the menu
select options
Click Voicemail
Enter your voicemail phone number (generally your own number)
Scroll to "Additional Numbers" Click the wheel, Select "Add Pause" Click Wheel again, Select "Add Pause" again, (I like 2 pauses)
Enter # (or whatever you VM Access key iss) Your Password, and # to confirm entry (if necessary on your VM System).

Save and Enjoy.

L

JulianTReeves
06-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Okay... . I just got off the phone with Nextel/Blackberry support. What should work, according to the user's guide as well as the tech support person, is just entering the password in the "Additional Numbers" field.

That doesn't work for me. He then suggested adding two pauses, my password, then two more pauses in the AN field. That didn't work either. For some reason, my BB isn't reading from the AN field. Suggestion made that I should reinstall the OS from my computer desktop. I did that recently (within last two weeks) to correct improper email source problem - am willing to do it again since I have everything properly backed up and also saved to a DVD (gotta brag about that).

What finally worked was hew2nd's option of copying the "test" number combo into the speeddial screen. That bypasses the Phone Icon/Options/voicemail routine completely and allows the process to work as it should by sending the entire tonestream through the system.

I'm confortable with that and wouldn't have had to scream for help if I had read hew2nd's post more thoroughly. As in autocrossing, you have to know where to slow down to get the fastest time.

Thanks all,

JR

wuberry
06-07-2005, 06:31 AM
This has bugged me for a while and I THINK I've figured it out. First, let me mention that I'm on Cingular, so I can retrieve voicemail by dialing a completely different telephone number (from the BB7290 phone number). I'm only prompted to enter a password. I don't think that's relevant, but, just in case ...

It all depends upon how you call voicemail.

I think the additional numbers in the Options>Voicemail fields only get used when you call voicemail from the phone menu item "Call Voicemail." I don't believe there's any connection between any speed-dial letter or number and those fields. The only way I've found to assign a speed-dial number is from contacts. So ...

If you call voicemail from the phone menu, you put the password (and pauses, etc.) in the additional numbers field.

If you call voicemail from speed-dial, you put the password, pauses, etc., as has been described, as part of the phone number stored in contacts.

If you want to call voicemail using both options, you need to have the password and pauses stored both in the additional numbers field and as part of the phone number stored in contacts.

At least that's the way it works for me on a Cingular BB7290.

Dawg
06-07-2005, 07:14 AM
I didnt install any pauses for my voicemail. As I stated above phone menu options voice mail enter the number then the password in the additinal number field. But like the above post mentions I think that is for calling your actual phone number for voicemail.

dkhanal
06-07-2005, 07:57 AM
With T-Mo handsets, you just have to press 1 for a few seconds and it dials your voicemail number itself...and takes you to the main menu...i.e. " you have this many messages....press 7 to play new messages" etc. and no password entry is required. Its voice messaging system recognizes your handset I guess. If you dial your voicemail number from a different handset than your own or from landline, then obviously it asks for your password.

D. Khanal.

Dawg
06-07-2005, 08:06 AM
I like the fact that mine asks for a password thats why Paris Hilton was hacked on her sidekick there wasnt a password on her voicemail or her SK.

Dawg
07-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Well my 1 doesnt work as my voicemail anymore I havent done anything new keeps saying invalid phone number just started this morning I have checked the voice mail number and it is in fact right so not sure whats going on with that. Any Ideas?