PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Layout on BB7230

Miukku
09-13-2007, 01:49 AM
Dear Folks,

Sorry to be a pain however I got an interesting situation here)

I have replaced the old housing and faceplate of my BB and now it looks perfect))

But... originally it is from Germany and the keyboard layout is different: where we used to have Y there is Z and vice versa). With the original keyboard it was ok, but a new faceplate came with the English version of it))

Even if I choose the localization as English it still types Z instead of Y)

I was wondering is it would be possible to get read of this little thingy or it is my fate and have to live with it?

BTW when replaced the keyboard I finally got read of that disgusting removing-sticker-like sound from it) now it is quiet and nice)

Help fellows, I am nearly desperate already)

John Clark
09-13-2007, 10:01 AM
The keyboard layout is hard coded to the device. You may be able to change the keypad to the proper letters but there is no changing it to be a real Qwerty BB.

Miukku
09-13-2007, 01:04 PM
well, thank you, John Clark , that is fine, I just thought if I could upgrade the system from 3.7 to a new one ... however, yes, that is righ, when I reset it once, it starts with the German bla-bla wilkomen)) Well, anyway, I ll live with it)))

Miukku
09-13-2007, 01:06 PM
yeeee right, once i do reset it starts all over from Wilkommen damen und herren und bla bla bla... looks like it is forrever, well at least for as long as I have this BB))

Thanks a lot)