PDA

View Full Version : Power vision on 8830

a2k6
09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Hello all,
I have been doing quite a bit of research on this, but still can't find a solution. I just switched from a treo 755p to the bb 8830, and my power vision plan is still showing on my account. I know it is possible to use vision on a blackberry, instead of the blackberry data plan, but I cant seem to get my opera mini to connect to the internet.

Previous posters on this subject have been given a lot of grief for wanting a blackberry without a bb data plan, but before you suggest that I should get a different pda, let me just say I have tried so many of them, and I would like to stick to the blackberry OS. I dont need the tethering feature, push email or the other blackberry data features, all i need is for my gmail app, gmail maps and opera mini to work. And the difference between the $15 power vision and $40 bb data plan is rather steep.

I downloaded opera to my pc and transferred it to the BB, but after it completes the network tests, it says "Failed to connect to internet". I would appreciate all the help I can get in making opera work on this bb.

Thanks!

GT5L
09-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

You have to have bb data plan to get the bb to work like it should. Powervision is NOT going to give you ANY data access on your bb. I had to go through the same thing switching for 700p to the 8830, but it is a better phone all the way around and that comes with a price tag of an additional a $25

option94
09-13-2007, 09:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (t-mobile pearl: BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I recently started working for sprint. You need the blackberry plan. Powervision won't work.

a2k6
09-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks for your responses. Is this just for the 8830? I read elsewhere that people were able to use powervision on the 8703e and older sprint/nextel bb's.

southwestcomm
09-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Not a "new" policy. Sprint just cleaned up the system to ensure BB devices had BB data plans.