PDA

View Full Version : How Can A Blackberry Not....

hah2110
06-02-2005, 11:46 AM
How is it that a phone that is DESIGNED for contacts, e-mails, and organization cannot beam/bluetooth contacts OR copy all contacts to sim. This is a blackberry 7290 and I NEED a way to get all the contacts from the blackberry to a treo. Will the software do it, can someone PLEASE HELP...

can they both sync with outlook? will it work with outlook express.... could you give me exact instructions, i have the treo sync software but i am just waiting to get the cd and cable for the blackberry..... how do i get it to sync with outlook (the blackberry) and then have the treo pull the contacts off that?

katieraine
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
I sync my bb 7290 with Outlook 2003 so I know you can do it. I set it up in the desktop software "intellisync" that comes with the bb. You click on Intellisync, then Configure PIM. It's pretty self explanatory once you get into it.

How you do that with the Treo, I have no clue. Never done it.

Though I can tell you that I successfully copied contacts from my Sony Clie' (PalmOS PDA) into my BB. I opened up Palm Desktop, went into the menus and did an export as a standard format. (Comma delimited file if I remember correctly.) Then I imported that into Outlook 2003. After Outlook imported it properly, I then did a sync with the bb.

Everything worked fine. I think I had a few duplicates, but that was due to me having entered them manually into the BB before I did the import from the Clie'. It was a simple matter of deleting the duplicates.

Oh yea, I would assume you could just do that backward for exporting items to the Treo. Sync the BB with Outlook, then export the Outlook data to something that your Treo software can read. Seems like it wouldn't be brain surgery or anything.

NJBlackBerry
06-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Take a deep breath.

Both the BlackBerry and the Treo can sync with Outlook. The CD that came with the BlackBerry (locate it now) has a program called Desktop Manager, which includes the Intellisync program to sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes.

The Treo (locate the CD now) comes with something called the Palm Conduits, which link Hotsync to Outlook. Don't use Outlook Express, use Outlook.

Use Outlook as the intermediary.

DarkWater
06-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Be aware though, having two types of sync software on your computer can cause one or both of them to not function properly.

hah2110
06-02-2005, 12:44 PM
thanks guys, the deep breath was taken! pheww! its for the DM of my company so he kind of expects things to be done perfectly

rcg
06-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Be aware though, having two types of sync software on your computer can cause one or both of them to not function properly.

Running three kinds of sync software on my PC - no issues.

hofo_mofo
06-02-2005, 01:12 PM
i was running both back in january/february and i didnt have a problem

vinniet
06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Yes I do it today. I usually do full sync with my Palm and PC. What I mean is that I sync changes from both Outlook & Palm together. With RIM I usually have it one way where the RIM gets the changes that are in Outlook.

I do it that way because I make changes to contacts and my datebook in Outlook and/or Palm and never in the BB.

Mark Rejhon
06-02-2005, 01:42 PM
thanks guys, the deep breath was taken! pheww! its for the DM of my company so he kind of expects things to be done perfectlyThe easiest solution is to simply make Outlook your master PIM. You can sync Outlook to both your TREO and BlackBerry. Problem solved!

DarkWater
06-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Running three kinds of sync software on my PC - no issues.

I did say.. "can cause" problems

Levi
02-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Take a deep breath.

Both the BlackBerry and the Treo can sync with Outlook. The CD that came with the BlackBerry (locate it now) has a program called Desktop Manager, which includes the Intellisync program to sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes.

The Treo (locate the CD now) comes with something called the Palm Conduits, which link Hotsync to Outlook. Don't use Outlook Express, use Outlook.

Use Outlook as the intermediary.

some contacts that have more then 3 phone numbers the remaining nubers didn't transfer. Also every record has the following info added to it on the bottom and i would like to find out how to have it removed.
the data is as follows: <<__PalmData__.dat>>

JSanders
03-01-2007, 10:38 AM
It sounds as if you eed to map the data fields in your desktop manager to those in your Outlook. Drill down in the setup of Desktop Manager in the configure box to find it.