PDA

View Full Version : Emails Marked Open

premiumsatz
09-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I have an 8700c with 4.2 OS. Whenever an email comes in from a secondary email account, the blackberry automatically marks it "Open".

This is very frustrating as I do not know if I have any new messages from that email account because they are all marked read when they come in.

Can someone give me an idea as to what is going on?

Thanks!

Premium

JSanders
09-16-2007, 01:58 PM
That is odd behavior that I have not heard of before.

Help me understand what you mean by "secondary email account", what is the difference with this one?

bbkingrocks
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I have an 8700c with 4.2 OS. Whenever an email comes in from a secondary email account, the blackberry automatically marks it "Open".

This is very frustrating as I do not know if I have any new messages from that email account because they are all marked read when they come in.

Can someone give me an idea as to what is going on?

Thanks!

Premium

If you mean your BB shows the email as having been read before you opened it on the device, then I have been experiencing the same thing for about the past 5 days or so. I was just reading about the upgrade to BIS V4.2 here: http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/95221-bis-2-4-a.html
and was thinking it might somehow be related. Anyone else experiencing this?

Roblaw
09-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I've seen this on all seven of our bb devices (through Verizon) after logging into the BlackBerry email site and configuring it to pull email from our exchange server. It does it with my gmail account too. I just assumed it was an annoying "feature" that I've yet to figure a way around. If you ever figure out how to make it stop doing that, I'd love to know.

EDIT: Sounds like it might be a slightly different problem... Our emails are getting marked read within the Exchange mailbox as opposed to on the BB it's self.

premiumsatz
09-18-2007, 06:59 PM
I have a blackbery email account and a standard AT&T email account. I have the AT&T account on my blackberry as well. So whenever I get emails sent to either of these accounts, they both show up on my blackberry.

The emails that are sent to my Blackberry Account are fine. They stay as "New Emails" until they are read and after that, they are marked open.

The emails however from my AT&T account get sent to my blackberry just fine however the second they arrive, the blackberry marks them open even if I did not read it.

So if I get 10 new emails for my AT&T account, they will all appear in my Messages list however they will all be marked "Open" as if I had read them before.

Anyone know the reason as to why they are being marked Open?

Thanks!

Premium