PDA

View Full Version : New Free Blackberry Website

acidcomplex
06-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi all jeff here. I currently have unused websapce on my host so I was thinking of setting up a centeral site for all of us BB users as from what i can see there is lots of good free software out there but it seems to be scattered around. Different from Blackberry forums in that instead of linking to the software it would actually be hosted on the site.

The site would host all kinds of freeware for BB and articles/news/hacks,tips and tricks, all related to our Black Berrys and members would be free to submit there own news and articles, etc..... Of course the site would be completley free and would be in no way intended to compete with this site, (i mean come on like anyone could, Blackberry forums rock :smile: ) it would just be another resource for all of us to use. I do apologize if this idea has been mentioned or if there is already antoher site like this

Just wanted to get some feedback before i make a site, then realize that no one cares,haha

acidcomplex
06-02-2005, 11:24 PM
well ill assume no one wants such a site,lol, thx for viewing though :)

NaturalHigh
06-02-2005, 11:44 PM
Please do it Jeff, we need a direct site rather than searching everywhere for all r blackberry needs!!!!

Eric_M
06-02-2005, 11:55 PM
There is a thread on this forum with everything listed.

acidcomplex
06-03-2005, 01:12 AM
Please do it Jeff, we need a direct site rather than searching everywhere for all r blackberry needs!!!!

thx for the feedback vote noted, i might just go ahead and do it for the fun of it

acidcomplex
06-03-2005, 01:14 AM
There is a thread on this forum with everything listed.

i agree eric, what i am proposing is one site with all these great apps in one spot so we dont have to go searching all over to download them, there is a list of great apps, but it still requires you to visit lots of different sites to get them. My idea is to have them all available to d/l in one location. what do you think?

coreyg510
06-03-2005, 06:05 AM
Go for it. Such a site would be benificial for all

patrick
06-03-2005, 09:33 AM
I vote ... go for it...

acidcomplex
06-03-2005, 12:12 PM
well there seems to be enough interest, So i will start today after work, if anyone has an ideas or features the would like to see incorporated post them here and ill try to work them in :)

bfrye
06-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Last I recall, there was a single sticky listed with killer apps in it....

Mark Rejhon
06-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Please don't forget to read the "Software Catalog" section of
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9539

Also, check out my BlackBerry FAQ link below. Many of the FAQ articles link to a lot of useful software that should be added to any online software catalog.

acidcomplex
06-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Thx mark i have that sticky noted and will be adding all the freewear from it :), any features you would like to see?

coreyg510
06-03-2005, 01:37 PM
for gods sake a search feature

Nicholasp27
06-03-2005, 02:01 PM
i'd love such a site

maybe make it easily viewable on the bberry?

dkmadrid
06-03-2005, 02:19 PM
i'd love such a site

maybe make it easily viewable on the bberry?

I agree, it would be key if a user could access the site and download the OTA applications via the BB.

Great Idea!!

acidcomplex
06-03-2005, 02:50 PM
haha , yeah that was first on my list, the search im going to be using will allow you to search all the articles,downloads, different sections etc.. it should work out good

acidcomplex
06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree, it would be key if a user could access the site and download the OTA applications via the BB.

Great Idea!!

I will try to incorporate OTA downloads and browsing from our BB's should be accomplished with relative ease, great suggestions, keep them coming

WNO
06-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Themes and (many) ringtones aren't truly freeware in the legal sense of the term, but I'd imagine they would be popular additions to your site.

Something I'd really like to see is a comprehensive BB software catalog, along the lines of Mark's efforts, along with user reviews/ratings. Handango and the like have this capacity, but rarely feature any useful comments. I'm sure our rather vocal breathren can do better. :)

acidcomplex
06-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Themes and (many) ringtones aren't truly freeware in the legal sense of the term, but I'd imagine they would be popular additions to your site.

Something I'd really like to see is a comprehensive BB software catalog, along the lines of Mark's efforts, along with user reviews/ratings. Handango and the like have this capacity, but rarely feature any useful comments. I'm sure our rather vocal breathren can do better. :)

this feed back is great I will try to have as many ringtones as possible with the ability for users to upload others for the community, and I am working on the reviews section with the ability to post comments on the reviews as well

jarcher2828
06-04-2005, 03:41 PM
something like this would be great. As long as it has descriptions of the software and a search engine that would be awesome.

acidcomplex
06-05-2005, 02:27 PM
work has started on the site, its coming along nicely shouldnt be too long before its up and running. :)

acidcomplex
06-06-2005, 10:21 AM
hey all, things are progresing nicely, If anyone has any freeware or a review please send it to acid@<hidden> for inclusion in the site, Full credit will be given of course :), anything Black Berry welcome :)

dkmadrid
06-06-2005, 09:04 PM
hey all, things are progresing nicely, If anyone has any freeware or a review please send it to acid@<hidden> for inclusion in the site, Full credit will be given of course :), anything Black Berry welcome :)

Really looking forward to enjoying your site once it is up and running. Do you have any guesses as to when a grand opening may happen?

acidcomplex
06-07-2005, 08:15 AM
Really looking forward to enjoying your site once it is up and running. Do you have any guesses as to when a grand opening may happen?

Im hoping to have it ready by next Monday June 13,2005 if all goes well :)

chris5h
06-07-2005, 11:53 AM
All I can say is if you do it, dont forget to back up your file :\

lol

acidcomplex
06-07-2005, 01:58 PM
All I can say is if you do it, dont forget to back up your file :\

lol

lol, backed up twice daily,lol, been there done that,ha

acidcomplex
06-10-2005, 10:58 AM
I was also thinking of adding a wallpaper section with the ability for members to upload there own photos,ability to vote on images and comment on them as well, what do you guys think??

Dawg
06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
sure why not

acidcomplex
06-10-2005, 12:47 PM
sure why not

lol good feedback, ha, I have been tracking down links to apps and freeware, there kind of hard to find, but once the site opens up I am hoping our members will also help submit any links they come across. So far I have about 17 links to software and about 10 free ware programs, lots of ringtones and lots of wallpaper images & the forums are almost done.

The news and review sections are up and ready for members to submit news & reviews as well as comment on them, Search engine is completed with the ability to search the following sections:

Articles
Software
Images
Ringtones
Web Links
Comments
Forums
Reviews
Freeware Programs
FAQ's

And pretty much every piece of info on the site :)

Release date might get moved up if I can get it finished sooner, I have the next to days off so we will see. I will keep you updated.

Dawg
06-10-2005, 12:52 PM
cant wait

acidcomplex
06-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Please don't forget to read the "Software Catalog" section of
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=9539

Also, check out my BlackBerry FAQ link below. Many of the FAQ articles link to a lot of useful software that should be added to any online software catalog.

Hi Mark , I see there is a copyright on all your articles, Do i have permisson to included these in my site, leaving the copyright intact of course?.

Thx
Jeff

acidcomplex
06-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Well all the day has come. http://berryland.yeahisaidit.com is now open for all your wallpaper and ringtone needs. Also enjoy the daily BlackBerry news updates and wall papers that are updated every two days at least, most times daily.

So if you feel like becoming apart of another great BlackBerry comunity drop by and have a look a round, we look forward top seeing you there. If you can think of anything else you would like to see on the site drop me a line and let me know.

All feedback, good or bad is appreciated :)

ngp
06-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Nice site AcidComplex!!! Thanks for doing this!
BTW, will you have a way for people being able to upload wallpapers to the site?

Thanks.

acidcomplex
06-13-2005, 02:36 PM
its already there ngp once registered you can upload in the ringtones and images section :)