PDA

View Full Version : @mycingular.blackberry.net >> @att.blackberry.net

ezrunner
09-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

This will change over the next couple months for all users to att.blackberry.net

Aroc
09-15-2007, 09:23 AM
We sort of figured that out since much of the BIS documentation references user-alias@<hidden> now. You didn't cite your source. Where did your receive this new information? Can it be verified? Thanks!

ezrunner
09-15-2007, 10:35 AM
ATT customer started receiving PIN messages advising them of the pending change. I got the message on my BB and my girlfriends BB as well as internal documents

Aroc
09-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Well if you are getting PIN messages and have access to internal documents (assuming these are "internal" and not publicly accessible ones, correct?) then this is probably impending like you say.

JSanders
09-17-2007, 06:36 AM
I received an email from AT&T this morning that the @<hidden> address would be changing over in October/November 2007 to the new @<hidden> address.

Coming your way soon...

LunkHead
09-17-2007, 06:52 AM
I wondered when they were going to do this...

greggebhardt
09-17-2007, 06:52 AM
If you were a Cingular BIS customer, they will be changing your email address soon. I got a PIN at 5 am this morning:

Sent: Sep 17, 2007 4:06 AM
Subject: PLEASE READ: Upcoming Change to your BlackBerry Email Address

Dear BlackBerry® Internet Service Subscriber:

At AT&T, your business is important to us as we continue our efforts to raise the bar and enhance your service. This message is to inform you of an important upcoming change to your BlackBerry email address.

In October and November, all users with a mycingular.blackberry.net email address will be changed to a new att.blackberry.net email address. This change will occur automatically during this period.

Once your BlackBerry Internet Service email address has been changed, you will receive a confirmation message. Your BlackBerry email address account settings will be retained to the extent possible and any existing emails currently stored in your mycingular.blackberry.net inbox will be accessible via your new att.blackberry.net inbox. Integration with an Internet Service Provider, IMAP or POP3 account, should not be impacted.

Email messages intended for your old name@<hidden> address will be automatically redirected to your new name@<hidden> address until March 1, 2008. We encourage you to reach out to your important contacts to inform them of this upcoming change, as all messages sent to your old email address will no longer be automatically redirected to your new email address after March 1, 2008.

Thank you for choosing AT&T for your BlackBerry solution needs.

Note: If you have received this message in error, please disregard.

JSanders
09-17-2007, 07:56 AM
***Same subject, thread merged***

Thanks for the details, Greg. ^^That is exactly how my message read.

ezrunner
09-17-2007, 07:58 AM
hey J I started a thread about this as well might wanna merge it too. two or three days ago got same email at 3am.arrrrgh

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/95253-mycingular-blackberry-net.html

JSanders
09-17-2007, 08:14 AM
done. Aren't we a neat and tidy bunch?

conker
09-17-2007, 08:25 AM
I received my message at 1:09am PST. Let's home for a smooth transition! :smile:

ezrunner
09-17-2007, 08:28 AM
done. Aren't we a neat and tidy bunch?

yes we are lets just hope Lunk doesn't crap here on our tidy thread

JSanders
09-17-2007, 08:31 AM
scroll up.

ezrunner
09-17-2007, 08:37 AM
AAAAAAHHHHH does he have no mecy!!!

rambo47
09-17-2007, 11:07 AM
As an outsider to Cingular/AT&T, the new email address is going to look a whole lot more professional, IMHO. And shorter, too!

greggebhardt
09-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I like the shorter too and getting rid of "MyCingular" will not bother me a bit.

WHAT DID BOTHER ME was getting a PIN message ear, early in the AM. It scared the heck out of me when I heard the PIN notification as I thought it was one of my field supervisors telling me he was sick!

Noekozz
09-17-2007, 03:53 PM
I was wondering when this was happening. Way better than the "mycingular" addy. Haven't received my message yet, but I will be on the lookout.

PabloTX
09-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Got this this morning:

Dear BlackBerry® Internet Service Subscriber:

At AT&T, your business is important to us as we continue our efforts to raise the bar and enhance your service. This message is to inform you of an important upcoming change to your BlackBerry email address.

In October and November, all users with a mycingular.blackberry.net email address will be changed to a new att.blackberry.net email address. This change will occur automatically during this period.

Once your BlackBerry Internet Service email address has been changed, you will receive a confirmation message. Your BlackBerry email address account settings will be retained to the extent possible and any existing emails currently stored in your mycingular.blackberry.net inbox will be accessible via your new att.blackberry.net inbox. Integration with an Internet Service Provider, IMAP or POP3 account, should not be impacted.

Email messages intended for your old name@<hidden> address will be automatically redirected to your new name@<hidden> address until March 1, 2008. We encourage you to reach out to your important contacts to inform them of this upcoming change, as all messages sent to your old email address will no longer be automatically redirected to your new email address after March 1, 2008.

Thank you for choosing AT&T for your BlackBerry solution needs.

Note: If you have received this message in error, please disregard.

Andyn
09-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I have an 8800 on a BES and also activated my BIS to add yahoo accounts. I received an email from AT&T that BIS e mail account is changing from _____@<hidden> to _________@<hidden> . I just tried to send myself an e mail to the new address, and it worked. So I guess the change has already taken place. Finally! Cingular is slowly leaving us.....

deznetwork
09-20-2007, 10:54 PM
I got mine at 2am, thanks for the wakeup call AT&T.

John Clark
09-20-2007, 10:57 PM
:razz: Profiles >Phone only....No more 2am wakeup calls from emails.

deznetwork
09-20-2007, 11:16 PM
I only wish.... [.....Phone Only......] oh that was a nice dream.
I did fix the SMS ( which is what I think the message was ). My night profile was only set around my BES emails and level 1 messages....

D

rsnadel
09-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Interestingly, they have not changed the BIS url...which is still
https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

I wonder if that will be changing eventually to https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=att

jasonsky
09-21-2007, 12:18 AM
How do I send email to everyone in address book at once about new email addy? Thanks

John Clark
09-21-2007, 12:19 AM
There is no feature on the BB for that.

jeremyckitching
09-21-2007, 09:49 AM
How do I send email to everyone in address book at once about new email addy? Thanks

The only way to do this is to set up a group and add the e-mail addresses for your contacts in to that group. Then you can send an e-mail to that group.