PDA

View Full Version : Lack of "duplicate BES account" advisory popup

ferr3816
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Hello all,
Trying to get some assistance in a problem that I'm having recently dealing with adding Blackberry accounts. We have several BES servers in our environment, on a MS Exchange 2003 platform, and we're in the middle of an upgrade from BES 4.0.6 to BES 4.1.3HF2. In conjunction with this upgrade, we're also upgrading our databases from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005.
The problem we've been having is that since the upgrades started, we've had instances when Blackberry accounts, ones that turn out to already have Blackberry accounts created on another BES server, do not have any advisory popups that the respective user already has a Blackberry account.
For example, john.smith@<hidden> already has a Blackberry account on BES server "A". For whatever reason, someone attempts to create a new Blackberry account for john.smith@<hidden> on BES Server "B". On BES Server "B", the Blackberry account for john.smith is allowed to be added, and there is no advisory stating that there is already a Blackberry account on BES Server "A".
I initially thought that the problem was related to the different versions and schemas between the SQL 2000 and SQL 2005 databases, but I've seen now that even between two BES 4.1.3 Servers with SQL 2005 databases are exhibiting the same issues.
We are not having any other Blackberry nor Exchange issues other than this nagging issue. I have an open ticket with RIM on this, but to date they have not come up with a solution.

Appreciate any help on this,
Tony