PDA

View Full Version : Newbie post, stating some questions

dragonpac
06-03-2005, 07:59 AM
Hi, I recently switched from the sidekick 2 to the 7100T and am so far impressed but have a couple of questions which I hope will be answered. In the messages folder I realized that everything gets grouped together, meaning my txt messages and e-mail. I was wondering if there was a way to seperate the two? Also I was curious if there was away to swap items between the applications and home screen? Thats about it for now, I appreciate your guys's patience.

WNO
06-03-2005, 07:32 PM
Welcome aboard! As far as I know, all incoming messages, whether e-mail or SMS, will be dumped into that main message list. You can filter the list by clicking the trackwheel, selecting "view folder," and then the selected folder, but I think that's about as far as you can go to separate SMS from e-mail. As far as moving icons between the applications menu and the home screen, I think you're similarly out of luck.

If you want quick access to an app that you commonly use, you can keep the app handy by using alt+esc to switch between that app and any others you may be using. Another option is to get a program like PocketDay that lets you designate hot keys to selected apps. Finally, if you're primarily interested in moving one of the built-in apps to the home screen, you might consider experimenting with different themes; certain themes are organized differently than others, and may be more useful for you. Good luck!

coreyg510
06-03-2005, 09:15 PM
There is not permanent viewing filter at the moment. However Alt+i will be all incoming email messages, alt+s is all sms messages, ect. Here is a great post to read. It will teach you alot.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=19
http://blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=3851

WNO
06-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks, Corey. I was too lazy to look up the shortcut. I've sometimes used Alt-I, but hadn't memorized Alt-S, 'cause I'm also too cheap to send/receive SMS messages. :)

pkodyssey
06-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Where can one find the "definitive" list of shortcuts. Search brings them up here and there but no list a of yet.