PDA

View Full Version : whats the best new blackberry

lupovich
09-18-2007, 06:56 PM
i have the 8700 for 2 years. i travel alot to the orient. can anyone recommend the best new model to get for traveling. i do alot of emails so i like a full key pad

Noekozz
09-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Search the forums for a comparison. Both the 88XX and the 83XX series have full qwerty keypads.

83XX = Camera, smaller form factory, Qwerty keypad is more spread
88XX = GPS, a little bulkier, Qwerty keypas is compacted together.

I would suggest that you go to your local retailer and try them both out for yourself in order to make your decision. The blackberry site also does a side by side comparison.

Dubdub
09-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Hard to answer that question for you. The best is whichever one work better for you. If you can't have one with a camera, then its the 8800. Otherwise, it might be the 8300 or even your old 8700.

Go check them out and decide. For me its the 8800. Don't need the camera. GPS is nice but I have one in my car.

LunkHead
09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I have had them all and here is what I can say:

8700... My ALL time favorite! It rocks!

8800... Keyboard is a bit odd and I do not like it...

8300... Awesome device! Keyboard seems small transferring from the 8700... The form factor is simply awesome and the keyboard is very, very usable!!! Just tighter than the 8700 series...

I can get into greater detail on each device if you want...

My preference if I sent a boat load of email (which I do not)

Kris

lupovich
09-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Search the forums for a comparison. Both the 88XX and the 83XX series have full qwerty keypads.

83XX = Camera, smaller form factory, Qwerty keypad is more spread
88XX = GPS, a little bulkier, Qwerty keypas is compacted together.

I would suggest that you go to your local retailer and try them both out for yourself in order to make your decision. The blackberry site also does a side by side comparison.

Thanks i love my 8700 also so i will keep it since i dont need a camera

do you know how long the battery lasts. seems to drain easily. its been about 20 months old. should i change it

NaplesBill
09-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I currently have an 8703e that I use for work and an 8300 for personal use. I prefer the 8300 in every way. The keyboard is actually easier to type one handed(for me anyway) and the trackball is much better than the thumb wheel. Again, this is simply my opinion and I'm using them side by side everyday.

Noekozz
09-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks i love my 8700 also so i will keep it since i dont need a camera

do you know how long the battery lasts. seems to drain easily. its been about 20 months old. should i change it

I would say that the battery life for the 8300 which I own is similar to my old 8700. On a full charge I could go for three days with medium usage.

rambo47
09-19-2007, 01:02 PM
I go back and forth between 3 Blackberrys. The 7105t is older and far less capable than the newer BBs but for some reason I just love it. The thumbwheel instead of the newer trackball is one reason. I love the overall feel and look of the thing too. The 8300 Curve is my replacement for the 7105t. I had to jump through hoops to get it up and running on my T-Mobile service but it's a superb Blackberry. Camera is a nice feature and the overall size and shape are great as well. Recently, however, I picked up a new 8800 and this has become my day-to-day Blackberry. No camera but it does have built-in GPS which I find I use more. I like the keyboard on the 8800 more than on the Curve, but it's close. The 8800's keyboard takes a little more getting used to because the keys are so close together. On the Curve they're separated more like on a Treo, but they tend to make more noise while typing. It's a personal preference and I could go either way, but I do slightly prefer the 8800. Same screen size on the Curve and 8800 so no worries there.

secrecyguy
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Get the 83xx Curve. That's the best Blackberry out today. It will be available for T-mobile next week. It's available now at AT&T.

nuopus
09-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Get the 83xx Curve. That's the best Blackberry out today. It will be available for T-mobile next week. It's available now at AT&T.

The new curve is coming out to AT&T within a month, and that one will include GPS for AT&T, and WiFI for T-Mobile. Both should be discontinuing the original curve soon, or have already discontinued them .. im not sure. But, I would not buy a curve now because you know it will be replaced by a newer unit with either GPS (at&t) or WIFI (tmo) VERY soon.