PDA

View Full Version : Hourglass constantly on

VolvoGrrrr
09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I have an 8800 with v4.2.1.72 and the hour glass constantly comes up and freezes up my system. I continually need to reboot the device to get it to work.

Thoughts on what may be the cause? I have tried to upgrade the device without any luck. Actually it got worse so I backed it up to the v4.2.1.72.

Thanks,

Ron

JSanders
09-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Ron, how are you rebooting the BB? If you are not, try pulling the battery to reboot, rather than only ALT + shift + delete.

I upgraded a few weeks ago to the .101 version, and had a couple of self-reboots and only a small amount of hourglass activity only a couple seconds at a time, not a noticeable problem.

ArgonNJ
09-19-2007, 02:00 PM
I have an 8800 with v4.2.1.72 and the hour glass constantly comes up and freezes up my system. I continually need to reboot the device to get it to work.

Thoughts on what may be the cause? I have tried to upgrade the device without any luck. Actually it got worse so I backed it up to the v4.2.1.72.

Thanks,

Ron

I get that sometimes after go to certain websites with scripts the BB browser can't handle. Battery pull is the only thing that will clear it.

JRSCCivic98
09-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I get that sometimes after go to certain websites with scripts the BB browser can't handle. Battery pull is the only thing that will clear it.

What he said to the T. Happens on my 8830 as well. I don't have this problem with Opera.

kyl1
09-20-2007, 12:08 AM
I had the same issue when I switched from windows xp to vista-I backed up my phone to the new computer, then try to use my BB web browser- I then got the hourglass and it wouldn't stop-I did a battery pull and I've had no problems since!

JRSCCivic98
09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
I had the same issue when I switched from windows xp to vista-I backed up my phone to the new computer, then try to use my BB web browser- I then got the hourglass and it wouldn't stop-I did a battery pull and I've had no problems since!

Your OS switch on your PC is completely unrelated to the BB hourglassing.

kyl1
09-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Why does my new media manager on vista show 5 sd memory cards- on xp it showed 1! If they have nothing to do with each other!

VolvoGrrrr
09-20-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm pulling the battery out. The hourglass comes up at anytime. I can be staring at the unit and it'll freeze up and an hourglass comes up or trying to read a message and it'll happen. It hasn't happened to me while surfing the web though. Or I'll be switching apps and it'll hourglass. Not sure what is going on as I keep it pretty clean. I do have some network intensive apps, BB Weather, BB Today, Ramble, JiveTalk, EQO Mobile and Viigo but it's done this to a lesser extent when I didn't have all these apps on.

JSanders
09-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Volvo, I have some of those same apps and others, and not that kind of problems. What is your free memory (Options > Status) and what OS version are you running (Options > About)?