PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Data Plans BIS

covogolf
09-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know if Cingular charges an activation fee ($18) or requires any type of contract if you are just adding on the BIS data plan on an account? I am out of contract on my voice plan, have been a long time Cingular customer, and just want to add on BIS to a new Blackberry that I bought off Ebay. I just switched out my SIM card from my old motorola to the blackberry and everything works fine. I just would like to try and see if I would benefit from the BIS, without getting locked down in a data contract. Their website plans & terms do not specify for people out of contract, it only discusses people who are new users whom they want to lock down to a contract.

I just know that if I contact customer service somehow my account will get screwed up, so I want to know my options before I call and take that chance.

Thanks in advance...

greggebhardt
09-19-2007, 11:07 AM
You can start and stop BIS at any time on your existing voice line as it is an add on.

covogolf
09-19-2007, 11:15 AM
thanks for clarification on that. Their website is not really clear on that as they don't show the data plans under the add on section like they do with the messaging plans.