PDA

View Full Version : I won't receive emails on the blackberry sometimes

Shinigami
09-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I have a user that sometimes won't receive emails on her blackberry when she is away from the office. I'm guessing that it may be a coverage issue where she enters into a poor reception area and has no data coverage, but I'm hoping someone on the boards may have a better answer than that.

Thanks,

Shin

JSanders
09-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Shin, coverage is about all one could guess at unless you or the user has more details of the instances when the email does not flow. Does it last long? Does it all come in bunches when it does come?

The solution if email is not coming is pull the battery and reboot the BlackBerry. That often takes care of most problems.

BBFreak
09-19-2007, 02:24 PM
We really need more details. Are you on BIS or BES? What is her signal like when she isn't recieving email? What service provider does she have? These are just a few. The more info the more we can help :).

Shinigami
09-19-2007, 04:36 PM
We use a BES and Sprint (Ewww I know). She said it's sporatic (sp*), which led me to believe its the coverage.

djm2
09-19-2007, 04:39 PM
If it is sporadic, I'd put my bets on coverage. However, a battery pull reset can't hurt.

JSanders
09-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Still, unless your user can give you some instance of when it is happening (like in her office in an underground bunker) or just something else (like he/she is on the phone and no email comes in until the call is ended) it is impossible to diagnose and help them.

It's like me telling you my car won't run at times, until I also tell you I forget to fill up the gas tank sporadically.

djm2
09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
....until I also tell you I forget to fill up the gas tank sporadically.

Good!