PDA

View Full Version : too many services on my telenav BT profile?

daves
09-20-2007, 03:25 PM
I bought a telenav gpsr and signed up for the service / downloaded the sw to my BB 8830 VZW ... (also have a garmin which I use regularly)..

however, I've been comparing the use of the puck with the telenav s/w and BB maps and also google. one thing I've noticed is that the BT connection to the puck seems to drop when the telenav software exits, and in the device properties, there's not a 'connect' option. the way I've found to connect back to the puck is to start and exit telenav and then pull up google maps, BB maps, etc.

problem I have is that one thing I tried to do to bring up my BT connection is to go into the BT properties and refresh the service list for the gpsr. it worked, but it appeared that it added multiple incidents of the same service in the BT properties (BT-GPS Com Port). I tried to delete the device from my BB and re-pair it, but the services list that came back is the same.

the BT GPSr seems to work but I have a feeling I need to clean up the service list. right now, in any app where I can select the GPSr source, I see 1 entry for each entry in the service list, which isn't right.

any suggestions on how to do this?

daves
09-20-2007, 05:10 PM
I hate answering my own post :?

1. delete telenav BT profile on BB
2. power off BB (hard power off)
3. BB battery pull
4. power off telenav gpsr
5. telenav gpsr battery pull (10 mins)
6. battery in and power up both devices
7. pair as usual

fixed!! (or so it seems baesd on the new BT profile I see.. testing now to confirm the app is working normally).