PDA

View Full Version : How do you move attachments 2 your media card? I want the original BB8800 background!

catalyst_007
09-21-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey all,

Well, first time here, thanks for the welcoming, but I have a slight problem:

I received an email with a fairly large attachment (400k) word file, and I opened it on my BB, now I wanted to transfer it to my media card so that way I can open it on my computer, OR atleast connect my BB to my computer so I can retrieve the file.

Neither worked, I wanted to know if theres a method to doing that.

2ndly: Can someone PLEASE somehow send me the original blackberry 8800 background for the Dimension theme? (the one similairly seen on the 8100 - Pearl) as the one that came with my 8830 sucks, and the ones on there aren't any good either :)

Thanks again!

John Clark
09-21-2007, 12:11 AM
You can't save documents directly to the device. You'll have to save it to your PC then transfer it to your media card. Even then, once saved, you won't be able to view it directly from the BB. You can, however, attach it to an email and send it to yourself. It's a workaround since the BB really doesn't support viewing native documents.

Edit: It will, however, open a .txt file directly from the media card.

catalyst_007
09-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Ok, so eitherway since I did open the file, its technically an extra 400k thats being used up on my blackberry with no way of deleting it becuase there isn't a way of accessing it.

Isn't that nice :? gota love RIM's outstanding software! sometimes (I hate to say it) I wish I had my PPC back :(

How about that lovely background, anyway of getting it? I did a search on google, but alas, not avail.

John Clark
09-21-2007, 12:17 AM
When you delete the email it was attached to, the attachment goes away, as well.

You can make any picture a background. Go to Media >Pictures >Preloaded Pictures. You can use one of those or you can save your own to the media card.

catalyst_007
09-21-2007, 12:19 AM
I know that, but unfortunately the Berry 8830 doesn't come with this particular theme that is built into every other BB 8800 (I've owned an 8800 and an 8830) so I wanted to get that Original theme back.

Anyway of getting it from ANOTHER 8800 (NOT 8830) owner?

Also, this background is NOT preloaded into the blackberry 8830.

John Clark
09-21-2007, 12:22 AM
The theme backgrounds are built into the theme.

You can add all the vendor themes to your device. That should give you whatever theme you are looking for that was on your 8800.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/ringtones-themes-wallpaper-discussion/28821-blackberry-alx-edited-files-packaged-theme-installation-4-1-4-2-only.html

catalyst_007
09-21-2007, 12:36 AM
:O Thanks for the help!