PDA

View Full Version : New to blackberry just bought a 8820 questions and comments (compared to the treo)

Magnusm29464
09-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Like the title said I just bought a 8820 With a at&t plan and would like to hear any suggestions on how to take full advantage of this phone.

Some of my thoughts on this phone compared to the treo 650 i use to use:

the text messeging layout is more cumbersome. I wasn't sure how to take advantage of the blackberry messenger feature so I used the standard texting format

I heard people talking about the speed of the wifi but on my phone the net seemed slow, about the same speed as the net was on the treo. i'm wondering if maybe data is comming through the the data towers instead of my in home router although my wifi appears to be activated.

The AT&T service plan kinda sucked. I'm sure I'll be switching sooner or later. What plans and providers get you the best bang for the buck?

Is it difficult to unlock these phones?

John Clark
09-21-2007, 06:31 PM
Call AT&T and tell them you are travelling overseas and want to use prepaid local sim cards. They'll unlock it for you.

BBMessenger is for messaging other BB users only. It's pin to pin.

Dubdub
09-21-2007, 07:30 PM
Which plan do you have? The personal unlimited (BIS) is 34.99 or 29.99 with a qualifying voice plan and the unlimited corporate (BES ) is $44.99 or $39.99