PDA

View Full Version : Bogus emails from RIM???

jjm265
09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I keep receiving emails from Blackberry RIM stating do not delete or reply to it and it has something to do with connecting to their server. I"ve been getting about 3 a day for the past 3 days. Are these bogus emails or legit?? And, what do I do with them if they are for real?

NJBlackBerry
09-23-2007, 12:22 PM
What does these messages look like?
Are you using BIS, BES or Desktop Redirector.

jjm265
09-23-2007, 12:26 PM
I use BIS with an ATT phone. The subject in the email says RIM with several numbers and letters. The email says "This message is used to carry data between your blackberry and the associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to the message". Then there's a whole bunch of letters and numbers following.

NJBlackBerry
09-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Sounds to me like when you installed Desktop Manager, you perhaps said you were using BES or Desktop Redirector. You should uninstall DM, reinstall it and select BlackBerry Internet Server.

jjm265
09-23-2007, 12:28 PM
I will try that. Thanks!!

eTHE2
09-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Agree with NJBB. That message is legit. It is usually seen by users who are attempting to do an Enterprise Activation using a BES server. The message is only on the BB when the activation is occurring. The BES insures it is removed from the BB when the Enterprise Activation is complete.

Grovesfan
09-23-2007, 02:48 PM
I have the same message on my corporate email account. I do NOT use my corporate BES, but rather have my corporate email pushed to me on the BIS. I received the message once, and just left it in my inbox. Everything works fine. If you're deleting it, perhaps it's resending in an attempt to "keep the lines open" between your account and your BB.

Beth

NJBlackBerry
09-23-2007, 02:49 PM
You should NEVER see this message.
Never.

TroyDBrown
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I get one about every three or four months and just delete it.

greggebhardt
09-23-2007, 07:02 PM
NJB has hit it on the head. I have had to fix this on several of my friend Blackerrys. Both hit BES when installing the DTM.

Grovesfan
09-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Please explain why we should NEVER see this message. I know I chose BIS when I installed DTM because I had to completely uninstall it and start over again due to some third party software issues. What does this message mean and why is it so important? I don't want to delete it from my corporate email's inbox if there's a chance I'll stop getting those emails pushed to me as they are now.

Beth

NJBlackBerry
09-23-2007, 09:52 PM
It indicates that the redirector (or BES) can not be found to transport the message between your e-mail system (Exchange) and the BlackBerry infrastructure. Under normal operations you should never see it.

You can see it if you selected Redirector when installing DM, and the Redirector program isn't running. You should never see it.

Kenai
09-23-2007, 10:00 PM
I recently am getting tons of spam, any way to stop it? 8800 T-mobile user.

JSanders
09-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Please don't double post your questions. Thanks.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/96568-spam.html

gziz
09-23-2007, 11:06 PM
you can still see this message if your mail server is slow to pick up the message, example if you are doing a EA and the message gets in the inbox, some environments wont pick it up right away may take couple minutes.