PDA

View Full Version : Synching and email problems

thptrek
09-24-2007, 08:33 AM
I just received a Sprint 8830 and have been having problems with it. It has been set up with our company IT to wireless sync using the BES. We got that working with calendar, email, tasks, etc all syncing fine.

I used the Desktop Manager to upload some pictures and songs to the 8830 and this is when trouble starts. After using the Destop Manager my Calendar has stopped syncing. The wireless sync option in the Calendar app is not even there anymore.

I am also getting lots of email messages from network that say "this message is used to carry data between Blackberry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server." I am getting dozens of these messages and they are filling up my BB mail app.

Did using the Desktop Manager mess up some setting on the BB?

mavsx
09-24-2007, 09:15 AM
ugh yeah. I would say the desktop manager messed something up with your sync.

Have the IT dept. remotely erase your handheld, then delete your profile off the BES, then Re-create it. Then do an enterprise activation. Which will re-sync email calendar, tasks etc.

Then never plug in the desktop manager, because it hurts the ones you love.

Just kidding on that last part, check to make sure (the desktop manager) isn't set to automatically update anything. Good Luck.

JSanders
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
No no, you have BB Redirector enabled somehow, and those messages come with it. You have probably also disabled Wireless Reconcile as well, check your messages options, since you have check the calendar option.

thptrek
09-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. How do I turn off the BB Redirector? Do I go into the BB redirector on my home pc and get it to stop redirecting my email. Will this also help me on getting the calendar to wirelessly sync?

thptrek
09-24-2007, 09:59 AM
I think what I did wrong was that when I was installing the Desktop Manager software I may have selected the BES option. I was thinking that at work we have BES so I selected it on my home PC. I think this was wrong and is what is causing me to get the redirected email messages and also somehow knocking out my calendar wireless sync. Does this sound right?